MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Have To Finally Divorce Her

Well, with tears in my eyes my 2004 Compact and i must finally part ways. She's just costing too much to keep fixing the ol gal up every other month. This was a great working computer for nearly 8 years. I've worked it to death. I have written i bet at least 200 to 300 or more CDG's on this old machine, it owes me nothing. If this new one works half as well, i'll be a happy camper.

Now...can someone please walk me through the process of removing my mtu programs off it, to be placed on my new studio HP computer? For instance i know i have to go online to remove them. Does mtu give me a code? what link do i use? I visited mtu.com, not much about it. Yes..i searched the forum first. where on the program is the remove link? I've never done this before. So yur hep is appreciated. {laymen's terms please}. I'm just an old ornery hillbilly, with an 8th grade education doing the best i can here. Yur hep is much appreciated. Thanks George
Old September 6th, 2011, 11:45 PM

Re: Have To Finally Divorce Her

I can't help you much with this, I've never done it, but I think all you'll have to do is un-install the program from your old computer while you are on line and install it to the new computer while on line, they will ask you for a name for the new computer for the first time install, use the same program key code you used before on this new installation..... it's the same procedure for each program you are transfering to the new computer....

Now it's time for a Divorce Party on your new laptop....

Good Luck,
Joe....
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Well, with tears in my eyes my 2004 Compact and i must finally part ways. She's just costing too much to keep fixing the ol gal up every other month. This was a great working computer for nearly 8 years. I've worked it to death. I have written i bet at least 200 to 300 or more CDG's on this old machine, it owes me nothing. If this new one works half as well, i'll be a happy camper.

Now...can someone please walk me through the process of removing my mtu programs off it, to be placed on my new studio HP computer? For instance i know i have to go online to remove them. Does mtu give me a code? what link do i use? I visited mtu.com, not much about it. Yes..i searched the forum first. where on the program is the remove link? I've never done this before. So yur hep is appreciated. {laymen's terms please}. I'm just an old ornery hillbilly, with an 8th grade education doing the best i can here. Yur hep is much appreciated. Thanks George
George, do you have a saved copy of all the program versions you have installed? If so you can run that and check Remove instead of Upgrade. That will remove it from MTU's data. Of course this has to be done while on line. If you don't have a copy and it is still available then you can download a copy and do it with that one.
Be sure you write down all your reg codes so you can use them on the new computer. Also since the new one I am sure is Win 7 then be sure to do all the changes required on the new one before you install any of the programs. In case you need it here is a link to that:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM

oh..ok i understand.
Step#1 Open the saved copy version of the program installed that i am currently using.
Step#2 copy all information and codes.
Step#3 Go online
Step#4 Open the saved program and click remove while online.

After that dale, can i go to my mtu account, download and save the programs i have just taken off my old computer? onto my new computer then???
George
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
oh..ok i understand.
Step#1 Open the saved copy version of the program installed that i am currently using.
Step#2 copy all information and codes.
Step#3 Go online
Step#4 Open the saved program and click remove while online.

After that dale, can i go to my mtu account, download and save the programs i have just taken off my old computer? onto my new computer then???
George
You can as long as those versions are still available. I don't know what versions you are currently using, but I would check in the Support area for each program and make sure that version is available. If it isn't then you need to copy the installation program you have to the new computer. Or you will need to get an upgrade if you don't have it and it isn't available.
I would do any downloading from there too rather than trying to do so from within your account.