MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old June 9th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Downloading Video

Does any body know the legality of this site ?http://www.8thwondercdpool.com/v2/vi...genre=original

I have been downloading their Promo video's recently, for about $9.00 a month you can download as many videos or mp3 as you like.

The video's are all good quality files but are in mp4 format which doesn't seem to play in Hoster or my DJ program but can load directly onto DVD disk with Roxio My DVD. which I am doing so as to have a permanent copy. after which I convert my hard drive copy with divx convert which then plays in Hoster OK and saves on hard drive space.

Roy
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
VIP

Their copyright and terms and conditions page looks impressive but the price seems too good to be true. They do have a point though that music videos are free to DJ's from the record companies for promotional purposes and anything the middlemen charge is basicly a handling charge. Then of course the middle men put their logo on it which then makes it illegal to share it.

Sam
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know about the legality part as it looks like a standard lawyer written issue which really is not giving you any right to use their material.
The MP4 format is actually Apple IPod which doesn't make since if these are for DJ use with a PC based program.