MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM

installing external mtu usb burner

OK. Got the burner, now what do I do? I did hook it up to my laptop and it recognized the drive. They sent me some software disc's that I am not sure what to do with....ie do I need to download the drivers, etc.....kanguru driver and manual disc. Also sent me a samsung disc that I am not sure what to do with. I just got it and haven't experimented with it much because I don't want to ***** anything up. I just want to burn some custom karaoke cd's. I am a musician, not a tech so please bear with me. I do not know crap about computers but can muddy my way around with instructions, however, there were no instructions with the drive when I received it. I did plug the drive in and when I open microstudios it shows the tracks on the CDg. I clicked and dragged a few songs over to the play list and clicked the play button , but it did not play the songs..........do I have to import the songs first and play them from a file before they will play and show the words? Please help this rookie !!
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

The discs you recieved are the discs you would get in the box if you bought the drive from Best Buy. The disc manufacturer includes those and not MTU.
If you plugged in the drive and your laptop recognized it then you don't need to load the drivers as Windows already found them and set it up.
You do not have to import the songs to play them, though they will start more quickly if you do. You need to go to Tools/Default Drive and set it to use the new drive for read and write.
What operating system are you using (Vista or XP)?
You need to go to Microsoft's Windows Update and follow the instructions in the MTU Support FAQ for Upgrading XP (http://www.mtu.com/support/support-frame.htm). If you are not comfort get someone you know locally who is computer savvy to help you.
Old December 16th, 2007, 11:41 AM

great advice

Thanks for the great advice. I would say that I am like a 5 year old trying to run a computer , but I know some pretty smart 5 year olds. Once I went and did ALL , i repeat , ALL the updates, it worked perfectly. I haven't tried to burn a CDG yet so I may need additional coaching. Your immediate response was very much appreciated. PS> the updates, for those of you just getting into it like me, take a long time so be patient. I was ready to give up but kept on plugging, much to my delight.