MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 31st, 2003, 09:49 PM

Microstudio 2.506

I recently purchased the upgrade from 2.400 to 2.506 and it seemed to work a okay. Yesterday I imported two songs and when I played them all I got was a black background with vertical green stripes over the screen. I also tried to play it directly from the cd and got the same results. I had my wife play the songs on her computer and they were okay. She is using 2.400. She imported the songs and they played successfully. I then uninstalled 2.506 and reinstalled 2.315 and it worked flawlessly. I then uninstalled 2.315 and installed 2,400 and it also played flawlessly. Anyone know what the problem is. I am using a rage video card with 32mb and a 1.4 processor. Thank you. Alan
Old August 31st, 2003, 10:48 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Microstudio 2.506

Quote:
Originally posted by wb6bna
I recently purchased the upgrade from 2.400 to 2.506 and it seemed to work a okay. Yesterday I imported two songs and when I played them all I got was a black background with vertical green stripes over the screen. I also tried to play it directly from the cd and got the same results. I had my wife play the songs on her computer and they were okay. She is using 2.400. She imported the songs and they played successfully. I then uninstalled 2.506 and reinstalled 2.315 and it worked flawlessly. I then uninstalled 2.315 and installed 2,400 and it also played flawlessly. Anyone know what the problem is. I am using a rage video card with 32mb and a 1.4 processor. Thank you. Alan
sounds like you are running your video in 8-bit mode.
change the setting to the high res mode.
the 8-bit mode isn't working in 2.506. it produces the exact problem you have stated. the other mode that conforms to whatever video monitor you are using works perfectly.
Old August 31st, 2003, 11:00 PM

Wink

Thanks Dannyg. I just uninstalled 2.400 and reinstalled 2.506 and it works well now. Even though I like the full screen display I am happy it works and can drag the display all over the screen as wide as I like. Thank you again Alan
Old September 1st, 2003, 12:02 AM

Talking Just double-click

Alan,

There is no need to drag the active windows to make it larger. Just double-click anywhere on the playing window and you can make the screen full. Double-clicking again will make it smaller.

Good luck,

Jon
Old September 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM

lyrics not readable with 2.506

The only trouble I am having Is since I upgraded to 2.506, Is I cannot read the words to a song on my computer. They partially color In with differant colors but are unreadable.I believe that I have tried all of the various fixes that you have suggested and what I have read In the forum.
You'll have been very good at trying to help me and I thank you but It's still not working properly.
Thank you
PS: It was working fine with your 2.40 version
Old September 15th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the Information about the 8 bit mode but I don't know how to change mine to the high resolutation mode.Would appericiate any help by PM messaging.
Thanks
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:12 PM

Corrected probelum reading graphics

Thanks to your Information I have corrected the problem of not beaing able to read the graphics after updateing to 2.506...

I clicked on Start > Settings > Control panel, clicked the Display Icon then Settings tab and changed the color setting to true color 24, from true color 16.

It works fine now In the window mode or the full screen mode. Thanks to all who offered help.

MTU Is a great system