MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 3rd, 2003, 08:27 PM

Post Non Display of Graphics

Having a real problem getting the graphics to display on my PC.
Tried all the remedies on the forum with no results left a voice mail for Bryan Cox and an e-mail for the president ,no result.
Also asked for an RMA to return the product within the specified return time, no response.
I hhave an AMD Athalon Thunderbird 1.2 GHZ with 512K of RAM
Widows XP Pro and a NVIDIA TNT 2 32 MB Video Card. Upgraded to Direct X 9.0, Checked the ASPI, 3#D accelerator all check out fine. Copied the original to the hard drive still no result. I get a frame with a partial graphic and it fereezes. If I can't get it to work, and I can't get an RMA#, I guess I own a software anchor.
All kidding aside I would really appreciate some help insolving the problem. It appears from the forum that thewre might be either a problem with NVIDIA Cards or XP Pro. I would have no problem upgrading to a different video card if I am sure it would work. Any suggestions from knowledgeable people woul be appreciated
Thanx Mike Keeler
Old February 3rd, 2003, 10:10 PM
Administrator

I guess you never received my email

Mike, below is your email (bottom) to me at 09:35 PM 1/30/2003, and my response (top) to you at 10:11 PM 1/30/2003, 36 minutes later.

I am sorry you never received it. The usual cause is your email provider did not notify you, or your mailbox was full (not emptied) and it was rejected. However, it did not bounce back to me as underliverable.

Mike,

I am sorry Bryan has not responded to you. We had a problem arise with our Laptop computers that has taken his time for the past 2 days, and his emails are backed up to be answered.

It is now clear that there is a bug in Microstudio 2.400's Player code. It appears to be somehow affected by a SoundBlaster Live card, and the hardware accelerator setting. We are still trying to discover what is happening. Once we can re-create the problem, our programmer can solve it and get out Version 2.401.

If I may ask, if you have not attached the DXDIAG log file of your computer (see the Forum how to run this) in a Post under one of the 2.4 problem threads, please do. Every log file we have from those who are having problems helps us that much more to re-create the problem.

If you want to give up on us, forward this email to email omitted and request a refund. However, once we do that, we don't reactivate a terminated client, so please think carefully about this. We are experiencing about 10 problem clients with 2.4 out of over 1,000 who have downloaded it. If you know anything about software, having a 0.01% error rate is VERY GOOD!!!! Regretfully, you and the other 9 or so wouldn't quite agree with that, but that is where we are.

As soon as Bryan can re-create the problem, it will be fixed by our programmer, I assure you. This is Bryan's highest priority right now. We were surprised that none of our 18 beta testers experienced this, but 0.01% is a very low rate (or that is what it currently appears to be). The 2.401 will be a free upgrade for all 2.400 owners.

I hope you can continue working with us a while longer. I'd hate to loose you, but I understand if you don't want to work with us.

Sincerely,

David Cox
President

At 09:35 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Dear Sir,
I have perused your forum in hopes of solving my non-display of the graphics on my PC when I play a copied disc or the original,( I have even followed your suggestion of trying to play it from my hard drive and it still does not perform correctly.) I still cannot get it to work. I sent an email on the problem 3 days ago and have yet to receive a reply. I called and left a message for your tech people (Bryan Cox) and they have yet to respond with an email or phone call. After exploring your forum and not finding the answer to my problem.(It appears that there might be a problem with XP and NVIDIA video Cards, which I have) I am running out of time if I want to return your product for non- performance as I can not contact a live person in your organization. I am always left wit the option of I am on the phone or away from my desk please leave a message and we will get back to you. No response ! You have a great product but your support is lacking. I have attempted all of the recommendations suggested and have had no success. Where do I go from her if it doesn't work and I need an
RMA #
Thanx Mike Keeler
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:51 AM

Mike,
What type of Sound Card do you have? If you have a Soundblaster Live then try this:

Here is how to change the Hardware acceleration for your Sound Card:[list=1][*]Go to the start Menu
[*]Click on Run
[*]Type in DXDIAG. Click Ok to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
[*]Click on the Sound Tab
[*]At the bottom left you should see something named DirectX Features under this there is a slider, that shows Hardware Sound Acceleration Level. Try sliding this to the left until Microstudio will work. You may not have to go all the way to the left, but maybe half way. First off try setting it to Standard Acceleration. This is the first mark to the left of Full acceleration.[/list=1]
Old June 17th, 2003, 09:56 PM

Unhappy Partial Display of Graphics

I have the same partial display of Graphics problem as noted above. I also have a Thunderbird 900 MHz processor, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card, video-NVIDIA GE Force 4 with 64 megs ram, 640 Megs of Ram, Plexwriter 48x24x48TU USB writer. The problem is intermittent for me, but mostly it will display a partial graphic and the screen will freeze. The music plays fine, and I am able to burn disk with no problems. Sometimes if I click in the song graphic display screen and then click outside of it, it will play perfectly.
Old June 17th, 2003, 10:09 PM

Talking Partial Display of Graphics from above Addendum

I tried lowering the acceleration in th DXDIAG sound property as referenced above. I had to go to basic acceleration to get it to work, but it WORKS PERFECTLY using basic acceleration. Thanks for the tip!!