MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 15th, 2003, 10:17 AM

Problem copying Sound Choice disc

I've made backup copies of all of my Karaoke CDs so that I can keep the originals in the office and send the backups out when I rent the karaoke system (twister II).

I just switched from StarDisc Pop to Sound Choice Pop Hits. I'm trying to back up Sound Choice Pop Hits Volume 159. It forces me to use the import tracks/custom assembly method instead of duplicate disc because it says the disc has 2 sessions.

It is giving me a problem with the last track on the disc. The disc has 15 tracks. It handles the 1st 14 correctly. But it shows track 15's duration as 06:22.74 (the actual duration is 3:53) plus it shows a 12 second track 16 (which I didn't select for import). When I try to import track 15, it gets to a point where the progress bar shows about 75% completion, and then it just sits there and continues to read the disc without moving any further.

FWIW it's not just this disc. I had the same problem with some of the Priddis discs in the complimentary 12-disc set that came with the vocopro twister. It wasn't an issue for me with those discs because the last track was always a reference vocal track which I didn't really need.

But the sound choice discs don't have reference vocal tracks -- all 15 tracks are true karaoke tracks. So I do need to copy the 15th track also.
Old September 15th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Srothkin,
On some of Sound Choice CDG's they have a thing called Media Clog. I understand they have quit using it now. It would eliminate being able to copy your CDG. Below I have cut and pasted from a post. Try it, it worked for me.

When importing Sound Choice on Microstudio....select all Songs, then delete the "last track", the mysterious "16" track, (or whatever it may appear as). While importing watch the last song imported, number 15. Watch the import status bar. when it stops responding, push the eject button on your cd player that your importing from. The message will respond that the process has been aborted, BUT the track 15 is still on your hard drive. Go back to Custom import and search the hard drive imported songs. It will be there and it does work. Just add that song to your list and it will be complete. I learned this from seasoned members when I first started with MTU products. Try, and see.

Take Care,
Ernie
Old September 15th, 2003, 12:37 PM

Thanks, that did it. Apparently they're still using this Media Clog thing as this is the most recent monthly disc.