MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Testimonials

Microstudio Testimonials Do you like Microstudio?

Old January 3rd, 2002, 02:34 AM
Frequent Member

Just Bought Microstudio

IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!
It even plays the new SC discs!!!!!!!!!
I put in 8721 in my writer and it played- no more CDRWIN for me....I'm MTU all the way now.
Old January 5th, 2002, 09:24 PM

Cool I too just got Microstudio

I just purchased both Microstudio and a Plextor 1210 CD-R drive. I read that my JVC-SV-22 Karaoke player wouldn't read disks written at faster than 1x, but I tested a backup disk written at 12x and had no problems at all. The interface is excellent, and all of the features I wanted are readily accessible. It is nice to see software that is designed to be used by users.

I do have one of the dreaded new SoundChoice disks (8709) with MediaCloq protection and I am unable to duplicate any of the tracks or even play it (which lives up to it's billing of "MediaCloq CDG's Will Not Play In A Computer" using Microstudio, although the tracks do show up, they generate an error when you try to do anything with them. The thing was over $30, so I would obviously prefer to have a backup copy. Not to be...

As soon as the "kills Win2000" bug is fixed, I will be 100% happy with the product - currently booting up to Win98 allows me to use it.

**Note - I have done the Install 2.312 then use 2.314 workaround and I am running fine under Win2000.**

Last edited by tlwisner; January 12th, 2002 at 06:55 PM.
Old January 14th, 2002, 01:07 AM

Talking Best Microstudio Version Yet (2.314)

This has got to be the best version yet. I am happy to see the Microstudio team has come up with a winner. Great job guys. Keep it up.
Old January 14th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Frequent Member

Just wanted to update you on the Sound Choice thing. Apparently it won't work with all writers being that all Writers aren't created equal, LOL. I have a friend who also owns Microstudio and one of those dreaded Sound Choice discs. He tried to copy it and his Plextor wouldn't even read it. I use a Hewlett Packard 8100 series writer on an AMD K-6.2 machine and have had no troulbe with my one New Sound Choice disc.
Old January 21st, 2002, 10:46 AM

Re: I too just got Microstudio

Quote:
Originally posted by tlwisner
I just purchased both Microstudio and a Plextor 1210 CD-R drive. I read that my JVC-SV-22 Karaoke player wouldn't read disks written at faster than 1x, but I tested a backup disk written at 12x and had no problems at all. The interface is excellent, and all of the features I wanted are readily accessible. It is nice to see software that is designed to be used by users.

I do have one of the dreaded new SoundChoice disks (8709) with MediaCloq protection and I am unable to duplicate any of the tracks or even play it (which lives up to it's billing of "MediaCloq CDG's Will Not Play In A Computer" using Microstudio, although the tracks do show up, they generate an error when you try to do anything with them. The thing was over $30, so I would obviously prefer to have a backup copy. Not to be...

As soon as the "kills Win2000" bug is fixed, I will be 100% happy with the product - currently booting up to Win98 allows me to use it.

**Note - I have done the Install 2.312 then use 2.314 workaround and I am running fine under Win2000.**
Just a FYI. I e-mailed Sound Choice concerning the MediaCloq copy protection and they only plan on using it on their Spotlight Series. The Star Series and Power Picks series only have a few they used it on and do not plan on using it on those series in the future. I suggest continuing to e-mail sound choice with any disapprovals. Attached is my response from Sound Choice.

Party Tyme Karaoke & DJ Entertainment.
Old January 21st, 2002, 10:48 AM

Re: Re: I too just got Microstudio

Quote:
Originally posted by deejayrob37

Just a FYI. I e-mailed Sound Choice concerning the MediaCloq copy protection and they only plan on using it on their Spotlight Series. The Star Series and Power Picks series only have a few they used it on and do not plan on using it on those series in the future. I suggest continuing to e-mail sound choice with any disapprovals. Attached is my response from Sound Choice.
I would also suggest moving away from Sound Choice Discs to a company that does not use MediaCloq just as a wake up call to Sound Choice. I have never copied a disc for anyone. I only use them for my one show and instead of using the original I use the copy protecting my investment in the original.

Party Tyme Karaoke & DJ Entertainment.