MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.03 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
If your remove silence was completed in a prior version you can't redo it, once it's set thats it.
If you open your Edit dialog and choose the multiple option then do a wild card search using the * look down the S-E Set column, if they are set to yes then they are done. The only ones they show no should be Video or MP3 files.

Regard to your singers list, When you first started 5.03, you should have seen a dialog box stating that it was rebuilding your database showing working on file 1 of xxxxx amount. Did you interfere with this process and stop it ?
Roy,
The remove silence was working fine until I upgraded to this newest version. I did see the dialog box pop up but it only showed for about 10 seconds. I assumed it was completed. The playlist that was previously open started up after the upgrade and reboot. I tired to play the first song which played fine but it did not remove the silence. I then checked my singers list and it only shows about 8 songs. Most singers names show 0 songs next to them. If the rebuild hadn't finished I assume the dialog box would have still been showing. Do you think I can do a restore point and go back to the previous version of Hoster? I tired that on the second computer and now hoster won't open. I'm afraid to try it on my main computer. I don't presently have access to all my songs so I am going to have to try something.

When I do a wild card search it only shows about 50 songs. Older versions of hoster had a rebuilt data base button. I can only find a build data base button now. Was the rebuild feature discontinued?

Walt

Last edited by WaltR; September 23rd, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Roy,
The remove silence was working fine until I upgraded to this newest version. I did see the dialog box pop up but it only showed for about 10 seconds. I assumed it was completed. The playlist that was previously open started up after the upgrade and reboot. I tired to play the first song which played fine but it did not remove the silence. I then checked my singers list and it only shows about 8 songs. Most singers names show 0 songs next to them. If the rebuild hadn't finished I assume the dialog box would have still been showing. Do you think I can do a restore point and go back to the previous version of Hoster? I tired that on the second computer and now hoster won't open.

Walt
I don't think it built your database correct. The only way to put it right now is go to your C:/MTU/Hoster folder and delete the songs.mdb file first.
My next question is as you say it only stayed open about 10 seconds, if all your song files are on an external hard drive, did you have that plugged in before starting 5.03 ?

If your song files are on an external it must be plugged in before starting starting Hoster then the dialog will pop up informing you it is rebuilding the database which will certainly take more than 10 seconds more like 10 mins or more. Once it's finished Hoster will open and should work as expected.
Even if you want to go back to 5.02 you will still have to delete the songs mdb and make sure your external is plugged in before starting it the very first time.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
VIP

Quote:
I don't think it built your database correct. The only way to put it right now is go to your C:/MTU/Hoster folder and delete the songs.mdb file first.
My next question is as you say it only stayed open about 10 seconds, if all your song files are on an external hard drive, did you have that plugged in before starting 5.03 ?

If your song files are on an external it must be plugged in before starting starting Hoster then the dialog will pop up informing you it is rebuilding the database which will certainly take more than 10 seconds more like 10 mins or more. Once it's finished Hoster will open and should work as expected.
Even if you want to go back to 5.02 you will still have to delete the songs mdb and make sure your external is plugged in before starting it the very first time.

I only use an external drive for backup purposes. My files are all on the internal drive. These problmes mentioned happed on both of my computers. I was kind of foolish to upgrade both computers before I knew the first one was working ok.

What do I do after I delete the songs.mdb file? Do I use the build data base button? As I said, I don't see a rebuild button anymore.

Walt
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I only use an external drive for backup purposes. My files are all on the internal drive. These problmes mentioned happed on both of my computers. I was kind of foolish to upgrade both computers before I knew the first one was working ok.

What do I do after I delete the songs.mdb file? Do I use the build data base button? As I said, I don't see a rebuild button anymore.

Walt
No don't use the rebuild the first time, once you delete the songs.mdb just start Hoster in the normal way and the dialog should pop up informing you it is rebuilding your database, Hoster itself should not open until this is complete.
From what version are you updating from ?

I'm off to bed now so some one else will have to help you from here on but if it only takes about 10 seconds to rebuild again something else is wrong.

As I said if you decide to go back to your old version you will still have to delete the songs.mdb as it is different and will stop the other version opening.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
VIP

Quote:
No don't use the rebuild the first time, once you delete the songs.mdb just start Hoster in the normal way and the dialog should pop up informing you it is rebuilding your database, Hoster itself should not open until this is complete.
From what version are you updating from ?

I'm off to bed now so some one else will have to help you from here on but if it only takes about 10 seconds to rebuild again something else is wrong.

As I said if you decide to go back to your old version you will still have to delete the songs.mdb as it is different and will stop the other version opening.
Ok, I deleted the songs.mdb. When I start hoster the dialog box flashed for about 10 seconds. I believe you are right. The rebuild process isn't working. I did a system restore and copied my songs.mdb from my backup drive and got 5.02 working again. Remove silence is working again. I have a gig tomorrow night so I am going to leave well enough alone for now. I still don't know why the rebuild data base button isn't available anymore. If it was I could try to manually rebuild my database. Maybe admin will read this post and come up with something to allow me to upgrade to 5.03 and get the rebuild feature to work properly. Thanks for your help.

Walt
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I still don't know why the rebuild data base button isn't available anymore. If it was I could try to manually rebuild my database.
Walt
The rebuild database button should still be there as it was in 5.02, it should show on the far right hand side of the Build Songs Database dialog.
If you are not seeing this, that may be something else that is wrong.
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
VIP

Quote:
The rebuild database button should still be there as it was in 5.02, it should show on the far right hand side of the Build Songs Database dialog.
Thank you once again Roy. I didn't go far enough. I opened songs database under tools and thought the button to rebuild should be there. I see now that I have to click the button "build database" to get to the "rebuild" button. After spending about 5 hours getting everything working back to 5.02, I am going to get through my gig tonight and then try again to get the upgrade to 5.03 working. It is strange that when trying to upgrade on TWO computers the rebuild dialog only lasts for about 10 seconds and disappears from the screen. Maybe it is still running in the backround but when it disappears the playlist is there and the songs on the playlist play only without the remove siliene working. At that point most of my singers songs are gone and if I go to "edit songs" there are only about 50 songs available. I guess when I try it again if the rebuild dialog disappers as before, I'll just let the computer sit for 15 or 20 minutes in case the rebuild is still working in the backround. That's the only thing I can figure is happening. Another thing I don't understand is that the songs listed in the playlist that opens will play (without remove silence working) but they aren't available in the search window or edit songs window. If the rebuild didn't work how are they recognized in the playlist window and nowhere else?

Walt
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Another thing I don't understand is that the songs listed in the playlist that opens will play (without remove silence working) but they aren't available in the search window or edit songs window. If the rebuild didn't work how are they recognized in the playlist window and nowhere else?

Walt
The songs that appear in the playlist will probably play because the data of were the songs are on your hard drive is still retained in that lists data.
With regard to the 10 seconds when you start Hoster, After clicking the Hoster Icon, Hoster should not start until the database is rebuilt, you should just see the rebuild notice then when it finishes Hoster opens as normal. This will only happen the first time of using after the upgrade.
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM
VIP

Quote:
The songs that appear in the playlist will probably play because the data of were the songs are on your hard drive is still retained in that lists data.
With regard to the 10 seconds when you start Hoster, After clicking the Hoster Icon, Hoster should not start until the database is rebuilt, you should just see the rebuild notice then when it finishes Hoster opens as normal. This will only happen the first time of using after the upgrade.
It appears something isn't right because as I stated, the rebuild dialog box only shows about 10 seconds, then disappears and Hoster starts. Apparently this the problem but why and how to correct it is the question.

Thank you,

Walt
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It is strange that when trying to upgrade on TWO computers the rebuild dialog only lasts for about 10 seconds and disappears from the screen.

if I go to "edit songs" there are only about 50 songs available. I guess when I try it again if the rebuild dialog disappers as before,
Walt
My initial thoughts on this as you say 50 songs are available, is that it starts the rebuild and then I reckon it's coming across a file that it doesn't like (Perhaps corrupted dater) and then abandons the rebuild.
What you may be able to try next time is from Tools/Songs database on the next screen select "Build Database" in the bottom left panel where it lists all your folders, Highlight a folder and press the rescan Folder button one folder at a time, (Assuming you have more than one)see what happens then.
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
This button is also in 5.03 in the same place.
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It appears something isn't right because as I stated, the rebuild dialog box only shows about 10 seconds, then disappears and Hoster starts. Apparently this the problem but why and how to correct it is the question.

Thank you,

Walt
Remove Silence - Click the Tools menu, Remove Silence command. In the dialog, click the "Remove Silence Mode" button so it is green. This will enable playing without silence. My guess is you will see "Normal Play" is clicked (green), which plays the full songs.

As Roy said, once a file has had Remove Silence run on it, the Start/Stop parameters are stored in the KMA/KMH header, which are used to build the Songs Database. You can edit these in the Edit Songs - Multiple view. Read the manual please.

Build Database - Roy is not stating an important point (this is all new to Roy and Dale so they are learning ).

* Click the Import Songs command on the Menu bar.

* Click the Build Database button.

* In the dialog that appears, MAKE SURE all your KMA/KMH folders are listed in the "Indexed Folders" list (it's button at the top just off center should be green). This is the list window on the bottom left, below the "Add Folder", "Add Folder/Subfolder", "Rescan Folder" and "Exclude Folder" buttons.

If any drives/folders/subfolders with KMA/KMH files are not listed in this window, they are NOT indexed in the Songs.mdb. I expect this is why your Songs.mdb only takes 10 seconds to build when Hoster 5.03 runs and the Songs.mdb is not found.

If you find that folders that ARE identified in your "Build Songs Database" in 5.02 are NOT listed in your 5.03 "Indexed Folders" list, please post that back here. I'd consider that an oversite that we must fix.

I hope this solves your problem(s).
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM

I've had this issue with my upgrade to 5.1 from I believe 4.11... I had to scan all my folders that were not listed...then my files were found in a search, but every thing in the playlist would play....
Old September 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
VIP

Talking Re: Hoster 5.03 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Remove Silence - Click the Tools menu, Remove Silence command. In the dialog, click the "Remove Silence Mode" button so it is green. This will enable playing without silence. My guess is you will see "Normal Play" is clicked (green), which plays the full songs.

As Roy said, once a file has had Remove Silence run on it, the Start/Stop parameters are stored in the KMA/KMH header, which are used to build the Songs Database. You can edit these in the Edit Songs - Multiple view. Read the manual please.

Build Database - Roy is not stating an important point (this is all new to Roy and Dale so they are learning ).

* Click the Import Songs command on the Menu bar.

* Click the Build Database button.

* In the dialog that appears, MAKE SURE all your KMA/KMH folders are listed in the "Indexed Folders" list (it's button at the top just off center should be green). This is the list window on the bottom left, below the "Add Folder", "Add Folder/Subfolder", "Rescan Folder" and "Exclude Folder" buttons.

If any drives/folders/subfolders with KMA/KMH files are not listed in this window, they are NOT indexed in the Songs.mdb. I expect this is why your Songs.mdb only takes 10 seconds to build when Hoster 5.03 runs and the Songs.mdb is not found.

If you find that folders that ARE identified in your "Build Songs Database" in 5.02 are NOT listed in your 5.03 "Indexed Folders" list, please post that back here. I'd consider that an oversite that we must fix.

I hope this solves your problem(s).
Ok, thanks Admin. The problem was that my KMA folder was not listed. I pointed this out several months ago about another topic but I don't remember what the discussions was about. What I don't understand is....Why would previous versions of Hoster recognize the kma files when the folder wasn't listed? I am sure there is an explanation but it is beyond me. Before now, I just ignored this fact because Hoster worked fine and I thought would leave well enough alone. I added the folder and then did the upgrade; low and behold everthing is well in Hoster land. I want to espcially thak Roy for the time he put in with me on this problem. Thanks Admin. I hope this helps others that may have the same problem.

Walt