MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 26th, 2001, 11:43 PM

Question

I am really happy with Keyrite. I can pitch songs and I don't have to ask the KJ to do it.
The ony problem I found is pitching below -2. The music sounds Muddy
Old March 31st, 2001, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Download KeyRite Version 1.105

http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=402 This should give you better results.
Old April 4th, 2001, 08:14 PM

new version -3 sounds off key

I found the new version much better especially when pitched down -4 or -5, But -3 just sounds kinda off key on a few different songs I sing at that pitch.

Also, Maybe I am not understanding this correctly,.....?????
In the new version of Keyrite.....
When I load a song from the Hard drive (input file) The output file will be the same? I don't get an output file
name other than *.cdg.
Old April 9th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Administrator

DW, it appears that some songs will not key change correctly at a specific setting. If you try different songs at the -3 setting, I expect you will find some that don't sound muddy. We have other users who are reporting no problems with -3.

If there is chorusing added to a vocal, it may cause artifacts when the song is key changed or vocal eliminated. Today's digital effects can prevent or damage some processing, as above.

As to the output file extension defaulting to the input selection, if you select .CDG for input, the output will appear the same. In earlier KeyRite versions the output was .WAV and it would write the output without the .CDG lyrics! That was a problem for many users, and it required changing the output file extension. Now, you don't have to do any thing, unless you want to write a .CDG file out as a .WAV file. We still allow this flexibility, but don't make the "exception" the standard operation.