MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Hoster 5.03 Bug Reports

We thank you in advance to ONLY post Video Hoster or Lite 5.03 bugs in this Thread.

We released Hoster (and Lite) 5.03 with 9 new, 1 restored, 2 upgrades, and 9 bug fixes, and 1 removed item... a total of 22 changes.

You can download version 5.03 from http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Re: Hoster 5.03 Bug Reports

I have only spent about 1 hour on this and all I can say is OMG this is excellent!! There are a few minor things that I have found but I am only reporting them so you can look at them later. The preview box when undocked and moved to the right and resized will cause video problems if it is "resized" as the song is playing. If you resize it and then play the song there is usually no problem. I can live with this little problem. Using the search dialog box and selecting a singer and then their folder works excellent but when you then search for a song the singer stays in the box and does not clear. When you add the song then the singers name is added along with the song. (You may be adding a different singer with your search.) I noticed that the search dialog box does not "go behind" the search dialog box "ever". It will go behing the singers dialog box however. I can live with all of those little things as well. Everyone check this version out. I believe "we are back" as the saying goes. Excellent job and I hope this is as stable as it looks so far. I even got my singers database back after it went missing during the last update. Excellent job Dave!
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Just a quick question, since the database will be updated on this 5.3 install, will it be possible to revert back to 5.2 if I need too...

Thanks,
Joe...
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Once this new database is built for 5.03 it won't open in 5.02.

You will have to delete the database then start Hoster 5.02 and it and it will rebuild the database from scratch.

But this is what I did when we were beta testing in case I wanted to revert back, Go to your C:\MTU folder and make a copy of your Hoster folder, you can either save it in another folder or in the same folder but change it's name Example Hoster5.02. Then if you do decide to go back to 5.02 ( I'm sure you won't once you've tried it ) just delete the 5.03 Hoster folder created with 5.03 and past the renamed one in it's place renaming it Hoster again. This way you have all your data bases preserved for songs, singers and playlists.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; September 20th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Okay, so basically just copy the Hoster folder too another drive and swap if needed to revert back to 5.2..?

What about the "KMA Files" folder..?

Thanks Roy,
Joe...
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM

Hi All,
I've run into a problem with Hoster 5.03. 5.02 worked fine on my Dell I7 6Gig Windows 7 Professional system.

I downloaded and installed the upgrade and it appeared to work just fine (with the exception of that wierd source error that they warn you about). After the reboot, I started Hoster and it converted the database. After the conversion, I tried playing a song, and it starts and stops. It does not play the song. I tried playing an mp3 file and the same thing happens. I tried reverting back to 5.02 and the same thing happens there now as well.

It has all of the latest updates, I've followed the steps for making sure that hoster runs on Windows 7, and I'm stuck.
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:48 PM

You will love 5.03. I cannot believe how fast the Singers Database is now. It is almost instantaneous even with singers with over 60 songs each. I cannot wait to load it on my desktop machine that serves as my backup. It was going way to slow on searches before. This is going to fix that problem. Kudos MTU.
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Okay, so basically just copy the Hoster folder too another drive and swap if needed to revert back to 5.2..?

Thanks Roy,
Joe...
Don't worry about the kma folder.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-buchanan View Post
Hi All,
I've run into a problem with Hoster 5.03. 5.02 worked fine on my Dell I7 6Gig Windows 7 Professional system.

I downloaded and installed the upgrade and it appeared to work just fine (with the exception of that wierd source error that they warn you about). After the reboot, I started Hoster and it converted the database. After the conversion, I tried playing a song, and it starts and stops. It does not play the song. I tried playing an mp3 file and the same thing happens. I tried reverting back to 5.02 and the same thing happens there now as well.

It has all of the latest updates, I've followed the steps for making sure that hoster runs on Windows 7, and I'm stuck.
Are all your song files on an external drive and if so was it plugged in when you first started Hoster ?

If you did not have the external plugged in then it would not rebuild the database correct. To remedy this go to your C:/MTU/Hoster folder and delete your songs.mdb file then restart Hoster and it should rebuild the database again.
You will have to do this even if you are trying to re-install version 5.02 as the 5.03 database will not run on 5.02, don't interfere with it while it's rebuilding.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; September 21st, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM

Hi Roy,
Thanks for the response. My songs are not an an external drive, but on a second hard drive installed within the laptop. I replaced the songs.mdb, with an older copy (prior to the update), but I took your advice, and deleted the songs.mdb file and rebuilt the songs database. I received the *same* exact results, which is that hoster starts, but when I try to play any song, from any mode, the song stops immediately. Hoster does not crash.

I've seen similar results happen when the songs.mdb reports that a song file has a duration of 0 (such as what happens when a zip file is imported that is corrupt), but that is not the case here. I have Access 2010 installed on the system, and can open the songs.mdb file. The songs appear to have the correct durations, in comparision with an older songs.mdb.

This happens on both KMA and KMZ files. I tried re-importing a karaoke song, but while the importing seems to work, the karaoke song will not play.

This same thing happens if I try to play a .mp3 file. If I turn on the background audio function, it just highlights one song after another, but plays none of them. It continues to the end of the list.

The problem appears to be with playing an audio file. The code cannot access the file and just appears to move on to the next file.

Other functions seem to work, such as editing a song, or looking up a song.

I have tried installing an older version of hoster (5.02.07), but the same results here as well.

Here are my technical details:

Dell XPS 702X
Windows 6 Professional 64 bit
Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz
4 Cores/8 Threads
6 GB RAM
Songs on secondary 640 GB HD.

==> What else do you need to diagnose?
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM

Hi Roy,
The problem *may* be related to a secondary USB sound card that was recently installed. I'm getting different results now that it is plugged in. I receive no sound, but the songs appear to try to play! I'm going to reinstall 5.03, rebuild the songs.mdb, and see what happens!
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
VIP

Quote:
Hi Roy,
Thanks for the response. My songs are not an an external drive, but on a second hard drive installed within the laptop. I replaced the songs.mdb, with an older copy (prior to the update), but I took your advice, and deleted the songs.mdb file and rebuilt the songs database. I received the *same* exact results, which is that hoster starts, but when I try to play any song, from any mode, the song stops immediately. Hoster does not crash.

I've seen similar results happen when the songs.mdb reports that a song file has a duration of 0 (such as what happens when a zip file is imported that is corrupt), but that is not the case here. I have Access 2010 installed on the system, and can open the songs.mdb file. The songs appear to have the correct durations, in comparision with an older songs.mdb.

This happens on both KMA and KMZ files. I tried re-importing a karaoke song, but while the importing seems to work, the karaoke song will not play.

This same thing happens if I try to play a .mp3 file. If I turn on the background audio function, it just highlights one song after another, but plays none of them. It continues to the end of the list.

The problem appears to be with playing an audio file. The code cannot access the file and just appears to move on to the next file.

Other functions seem to work, such as editing a song, or looking up a song.

I have tried installing an older version of hoster (5.02.07), but the same results here as well.

Here are my technical details:

Dell XPS 702X
Windows 6 Professional 64 bit
Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz
4 Cores/8 Threads
6 GB RAM
Songs on secondary 640 GB HD.

==> What else do you need to diagnose?
Greetings,

We have near itentical sysstems! Which Nvidia video card do you have?

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM

Hi Roy,
It was the secondary sound card. Somehow Windows saw it has primary sound, and Hoster saw it as secondary sound. The clue was that Audio would not play, and it appears to have occurred because the secondary sound card was not installed (it plugs into USB). Once installed, I just had to configure things to use the correct card.

I fixed the problem in Windows, using the on board sound as the primary output, and for hoster made the secondary sound the secondary (as it should have been). Things are working great now, and thanks!
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Deleted this answer as It has already been solved.
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
Greetings,

We have near itentical sysstems! Which Nvidia video card do you have?
Hi Ken,
I have a NVidia GeForce GT 550M, which supports 3d!

Pat
Old September 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
VIP

Quote:
Hi Ken,
I have a NVidia GeForce GT 550M, which supports 3d!

Pat
Hi Pat,

My 445 supports 3D also but I have uninstalled it as I don't a use for it.

Just out of curiousity, what is the date on the Nvidia Driver that you are using?

For Hoster, do you use the Nvidia Card or the CPU onboard graphics?

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post

Thanks Roy,
Joe...
KMA files will be ok. The only thing that changes is the Songs database file which would make it incompatable with 5.02.
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
Hi Pat,

My 445 supports 3D also but I have uninstalled it as I don't a use for it.

Just out of curiousity, what is the date on the Nvidia Driver that you are using?

For Hoster, do you use the Nvidia Card or the CPU onboard graphics?
Version: 4/21/2011 - 8.17.12.6830
I'm using the NVidia driver. It seems to work pretty well.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
VIP

I just updated to 5.03 and the first thing I noticed is the remove silence won't work anymore. I tried to re-do the remove silence and it says instantly the process is complete but it no longer removes the silence. I upgraded to 5.03 on my second computer and I have the same problem. Am I missing something?

I also just found that it wiped out most of the songs in my singers list. Before I panic someone please tell me I am doing something wrong!

Walt

Last edited by WaltR; September 23rd, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I just updated to 5.03 and the first thing I noticed is the remove silence won't work anymore. I tried to re-do the remove silence and it says instantly the process is complete but it no longer removes the silence. I upgraded to 5.03 on my second computer and I have the same problem. Am I missing something?

I also just found that it wiped out most of the songs in my singers list. Before I panic someone please tell me I am doing something wrong!

Walt
If your remove silence was completed in a prior version you can't redo it, once it's set thats it.
If you open your Edit dialog and choose the multiple option then do a wild card search using the * look down the S-E Set column, if they are set to yes then they are done. The only ones they show no should be Video or MP3 files.

Regard to your singers list, When you first started 5.03, you should have seen a dialog box stating that it was rebuilding your database showing working on file 1 of xxxxx amount. Did you interfere with this process and stop it ?