MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old July 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Love And Marriage-Best Version

Can\\\'t really find a truly acceptable version of this song, \\\"Love and Marriage\\\" by Frank Sinatra. Found some where the band chimes in with\\\"You can\\\'t have none!\\\" I want that, and I want real sounding instruments if possible. Years ago I had a Pioneer Laser Disc. I seem to remember them being good about having real, or real sounding instruments on the song \\\"High Hopes\\\".

Been a while since I posted anything here. I am seeing a bunch of slashes and don\'t know why. Some advice would be appreciated on that too.
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Love And Marriage-Best Version

The backslashes thing has been a problem for some time now since some update was made, there has been a number of complaints but dont see a fix coming anytime soon.
Best way to avoid it is dont use an apostrophy as that seems to insert the backslash then each time you try reading it in the preview any backslashes get doubled up each time you re read it.

Back to your Love and marriage, I have a Chartbuster version which sounds OK to me, there is no band chiming in on it though.

Karaoke Version has it as a download but I can only hear and see a short clip of it, they also do it as a backing track only version and you can set the key yourself before downloading. If you have KHpro you can then add the lyrics yourself.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 10th, 2017, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the advice on the slashes (I previewed my post and erased all the slashes only to see they had doubled! What th?!)

Thanks for pointing out the \"Karaoke Version\" site. I might go that way. The 30 second clip sounded really good-don\'t know about the end with the extra \"chorus\"

Also, there is a Pro Source Karaoke version that sounds pretty good, with no band mates chiming in at the end. Any solution for dubbing in a chorus of oneself before adding lyrics with Kpro?

Dont know if anyone will ever request this song, but I might and I want perfection!
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

Dubbing in yourself or a group of people would be easy enough.
You could do it with Audacity which is a free open source program.
Just remember not to overwrite your original recording when saving.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 11th, 2017, 11:05 AM

Thank you again. You have been very helpful. I will try Audacity.
Apparently quotation marks also cause the slashes
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM

The one I have is from DKKaraoke - Show Tunes Volume #2 Movie Marquees & TV Screens - DKG 3067. The only back up vocal is at the very end and It is: You Can t Have None.

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old August 8th, 2017, 05:45 PM

Thanks. I am trying to track that one down. No success yet
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:49 PM

Not sure if this is legit, and I know nothing about the rules for ebay, but when I did a Google search, this is what I found:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DK-KARAOKE-CD...8AAOSwiONYM0UJ

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:49 PM

If you can find a Sound Choice version it has no backup vocals anywhere in the song!
Old August 9th, 2017, 02:08 AM

re: ebay Thanks for tracking it down for me Wrahn. I need to reacquaint myself with whatever ebay account I used before and get something going. About the version, is it in the same key as the FS version and how are the instruments?
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:39 AM

First, I am an amateur and not musically trained so I can t give you much expertise on the music. I also don t know what the FS version is. However, there is no key indicated when the song starts and there are two parts to the music. One is very pleasant and professionally done and sounds great and the other is a faint background single instrument playing the melody. I believe it is a mini sound. There also is an instrument rest with a video picture of a horse and carriage in a major city which is very nice.

I usually don t like a background instrument playing melody and prefer just chords playing and the singer singing the melody, but a faint melody does help if the singer does not know the song and there is no multiplex.

Not sure this helps you.

Old August 9th, 2017, 02:14 PM
VIP

No backup vocals on the Chartbuster or Sweet Georgia Brown - which musically are identical BTW (Chartbuster oddly had many tracks that coincided with SGB i\\\\\\\'m beginning to find out). No vocals on the Sound Choice. Do not have the DK version to listen to. But that e-bay auction for the Applause series disc above is legit, however not being able to hear it, most of the tv theme discs I have are only what you hear on the actual show and not full songs, not saying this is the case here but be prepared.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old August 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Wrahn By FS I simply meant how Frank Sinatra sings it. Some versions change the key for some reason. I am trained a little in music, but the only way for me to know is to hear them side by side. I do not have perfect pitch or anything like that. Absent actual posted keys on both versions which is rare. Also I have heard versions where it is all synthesized and none of the instruments sound real. That usually is not the case with the original 99 discs of DK. They do include that lead melody track in those discs. I like it. It is amazing how many people pick a song to sing then realize that they need to sing along to the melody.

Lonman, thanks for the rundown. I am hoping that if I get this DK version I get a general sense of real sounding instruments
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:15 PM

Lightbulb Re: Love And Marriage-Best Version

I will fill you all in on a secret. SGB, ALLHITS, PS, Legends (some of them), and the list goes on were all done by Bob Blank with Blank Productions. You can do side by side comparisons. Chartbuster bought a lot of track from Bob Blank and the new karaoke net site is going to have the exact same songs and versions except with the sybersound logo. Karaoke Versions might be the best place to go but they also bought and licensed a LOT of Bob Blank\'s songs. If you need proof just look up Runaway by Bonnie Raitt. JVC (OLD CDG) and Singing Machine were the only ones who did not use the Blank Productions version. You will notice AllStar has a lot of Blank\'s stuff too. There are some on All Hits, Nutech, Top Tunes just to name a few. I thought I would just let you know I did some work for him as a guide vocalist and so did my friend Fonda. One thing I could not stand was his one snare he used on EVERYTHING.

If push comes to shove and you need a good version, I do make custom backing tracks and have done that song down to the exact match. I would suggest you try to listen to ALL the ones Ameritz has and Karaoke Versions. Karaoke Versions is slowly doing away with Bob\'s and doing their own.

I hope that helped some