MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old October 12th, 2004, 04:02 AM

Question How can I select a different soundcard?

As well as using Hoster for my CDG collection, I also run Winamp for my Laserdisc collection. I'm also running BPM Studio in the background for interval music/disco use. And lastly, I run Windows media player for sound effects etc. All of the other applications allow me to choose which of the three installed soundcards to use for each programme. But I cant seem to choose which one Hoster uses. Is there a way to do it?
The reason I want to know, is that I'm looking at installing a Multitrack style soundcard, with 5 different stereo outputs, and would like to know if Hoster will be able to be assigned to a particular output?
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Re: How can I select a different soundcard?

hoster uses the default sound device which is set in your control panel. some other programs, like music match, bpm, pcdj, pro-mix, ect can choose their audio paths. perhaps it would be beneficial to apply this to a future version of hoster. for now the best way is to make the one you are/or want to use for hoster the default one.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Re: How can I select a different soundcard?

I also have been asking for this in Hoster, but currently there is no way to do this.

Let it take your Default sound card and then select the other sound cards with the other programs for now. This should work for now.