MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 15th, 2007, 09:42 PM

Keyrite Vibrato

Why when i use keyrite in my Microstudio, does it make the music sound like it's going through a vibrato, or "warbbly" like underwater? it works fine..no issues with how it works, it just makes the music sound funny as compared to the original CD?
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

You should post this in Microstudio Help as that is the program you are using. What version of Microstudio are you using?
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:10 AM

Version 4000 my Microstudio is working fine. It's the keyrite program that is doing this. Microstudio is working properly....
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Redmon View Post
Why when i use keyrite in my Microstudio,
That says the Keyrite in Microstudio, NOT the Keyrite program, which is a completely different program.

This should be posted in Microstudio help forum, as DDOUGLAS said.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Version 4000 my Microstudio is working fine. It's the keyrite program that is doing this. Microstudio is working properly....
The Keyrite you see in Microstudio is incorporated into Microstudio and is not going to the actual Keyrite program. If you will upgrade your Microstudio to 4.001 I think that will help. Also I found if I set it just before playing the song that didn't happen.
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated. I will either update or post there. Because the playback and record features of this keyrite system in microstudio is kinda sad.
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys...much appreciated. I will either update or post there. Because the playback and record features of this keyrite system in microstudio is kinda sad.
Agreed. If you are just changing the Key of a file then your best bet is the Keyrite program instead of Microstudio.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Well i bought that suite package MTU had. So i think i have it seperate don't i? it has a seperate icon on my desk top. I clicked on it, and it says "Keyrite Professional Key Changer V 2.0.1.1 But i have always used the keychange in microstudio to record a song in a different key. Have patience guys, i live so far back in the woods, that they still deliver milk in bottles. I should import the song using Microstudio, then change it with the keyrite ..right?
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well i bought that suite package MTU had. So i think i have it seperate don't i? it has a seperate icon on my desk top. I clicked on it, and it says "Keyrite Professional Key Changer V 2.0.1.1 But i have always used the keychange in microstudio to record a song in a different key. Have patience guys, i live so far back in the woods, that they still deliver milk in bottles. I should import the song using Microstudio, then change it with the keyrite ..right?
I believe that is right, but check the Keyrite manual to be sure. Also, note there is an upgrade that you can download through the program that is a free update.
You mean you get milk delivered??? Wow, I have to go out an milk the cow every morning to get my milk.
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
But i have always used the keychange in microstudio to record a song in a different key.
That's what was throwing you off. The buttons at the top of the page are links to the other installed products. Those products are not within the Microstudio program itself.

The same is true in the new Microstudio. You have those same links to the other products PLUS the addition of the live key change that you see at all times, and is built into the Microstudio program.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM

0tay panky....
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
0tay panky....

George Redmon, what would you like the live key changer built into Microstudio to do for you that it now doesn't?

If you can put it clearly in print here, we will consider it the next time we upgrade Microstudio.
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Key Changer In Microstudio

It does change the key correctly. However, i hear a vibrato in the music when i use the key changer....WHY?????? Also hear it in the Keyrite as well. Now don't give me this crap about my Puter. I have used other friends computers and it does the same thing...why? Instead of asking, you should be telling...Not Happy...George
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It does change the key correctly. However, i hear a vibrato in the music when i use the key changer....WHY?????? Also hear it in the Keyrite as well. Now don't give me this crap about my Puter. I have used other friends computers and it does the same thing...why? Instead of asking, you should be telling...Not Happy...George
What's up here? I ask you a question that I felt would hlep you understand we are interested in your problem, and you dump your rage? Calm down.

First, this is a $50 product, not a $500 studio gear box.

Second, there are some songs and instruments that no matter what quality digital signal processing you use, will cause VIBRATO.

Third, there are about 0.5% of our users who have reported vibrato in the past. You can search for it in this Forum. For a $50 product, we're currently happy with this.

We have been researching a new algorithm to use (this one was patented - ran out - by Eventide Clockworks, the studio leader in pitch changing). We would like very much to provide to the consumer/karaoke market a PERFECT product at a <$50 price, but so far we haven't got that answer.

If you want a refund, we'll be glad to refund your purchase of Microstudio and Keyrite. Your choice... decide now or keep them. If you keep them, decide at the same time to be civil in our Forums.

David Cox
President, MTU.com
Old July 6th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Wink

I am sorry you took my post in any other light but in the friendly way it was intended. No "Rage" intended sir. I have been told everything from "it's your computer", to "download it again and see". But be that as it may. The price of a piece of software is of little importance to me. I for one would rather pay a little more for something that works correctly. If you would do a check, you will find that i have been using your products for ions. I was under the impression from what i read on your website, that the Keyrite was a top quality product, suitable to change keys professionally. So i could rewrite my CD+G in the correct key. Now to put your $50.00 software price into some perspective. My McAfee Security suite protects my entire computer, and it was around $50.00. So to answer your question, ........"George Redmon, what would you like the live key changer built into Microstudio to do for you that it now doesn't" i guess the answer would be to work correctly. Both the Microstudio key changer, and the Keyrite both do this same "Vibrato" thing. But i am glad now you are aware of the problem. I never asked for a refund, instead i am hoping you fix the software, that would be better. And to just simply dismiss me with a take a refund or else attitude, does actually nothing in solving the tech issues you have with this product. And is of little benefit to the customer or MTU. Respectfully Yours, George Redmon
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
"George Redmon, what would you like the live key changer built into Microstudio to do for you that it now doesn't" i guess the answer would be to work correctly. Both the Microstudio key changer, and the Keyrite both do this same "Vibrato" thing. But i am glad now you are aware of the problem. I never asked for a refund, instead i am hoping you fix the software, that would be better. And to just simply dismiss me with a take a refund or else attitude, does actually nothing in solving the tech issues you have with this product. And is of little benefit to the customer or MTU. Respectfully Yours, George Redmon
We have been aware of the vibrato for years. We have done major upgrades over the years, and it is much better. I'd estimate today that about 0.5% of our customers report it. More may hear and not report, so it may be 5%, but most do NOT hear it. Thus, it is not a high priority to fix... FINANCIALLY.

Please understand... I am a perfectionist. If you read the Testimonials on our Microsound workstation with Microeditor, you can see we obtained close to the ultimate DAW... and we are the first to ship (i.e. the founders) a DAW, as granted in print by Mix Magazine in 1997.

I do not like Keyrite's quality. I want perfection, but MTU is not Sony, and we have limited resources to apply at any given time.

We have been researching new algorithms, and believe we have found one that will do a better job. We will start on it this month. I hope before the year ends to offer a new Keyrite processor. We are well underway on Keyrite 3.000, which we could release this month. However, if the key change upgrade proves worthy, we'll add it before releasing 3.000.
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM

I am very confident that you will make this product as good as you possibly can, given the situations you have mentioned in your reply. As i said, i have used MTU products i believe since 1994, i can check. And i have found your products have improved during the years i have used them. I am getting ready to switch over to Hoster, and i have all the confidence in that product as i do your other great software tools.
Respectfully Yours,
George Redmon