MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:37 PM

Changing file names

I want to organize my files. Some files are miss spelled and i want to correct the origanal file. Can i keep the same songbook number if i change the original filename?
Old March 22nd, 2020, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Changing file names

You can but it involves a lot more work than just editing file name.
Much easier to just use Hoster edit dialog which will allow you to edit multiple miss spelt words, reverse fist name last name and many more things without the need to change the original file.
If you still want to edit the original file name and retain the same Book Id, (presuming it is a kmh file not a kma file or originally imported from disc) you will first have to delete the track in Hosters edit dialog to free up that Book id, no good just deleting it in explorer as that wont remove it from the songs.mdb.
Before doing so make a note of the File path, disc Id track # & Book id.

Now edit the file name but you must include the original Disc id and track# as part of the file name. I prefer to add those at the end of file name but that is a personal choice not essential.

Assuming that is all correct, from the import songs menu Select Scan now button.
In this dialog set the file path in the bottom window using the Brows button, make sure you open the folder containing the files to properly set the path.
Now important set the field order exactly to match your renamed file, leave the book id at 0 do not press the Next button. If you have done everything correct it should find the correct Book Id from the Disc id & Track#.
Now press the scan now button, after the scan it should say (1 new song added to the database). if it enters it wrong or or returns no songs added then you probably did not match the field order correctly.

Now check from Hosters search field that it has the same Book Id and plays.

I should just do a single track at first to check your doing it right, not dive in and do multiples till your sure of how this works.

Hope that helps.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 22nd, 2020 at 07:07 AM.