MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old October 21st, 2010, 03:28 PM

Friday Night High School Football

My friday nights have really suffered from friday night high school football. I know...i know.... deal with it, it happens every year. How are your crowds during local high school football season? Now don't get me wrong. I love kids, and i have two grand yungin's myself that play football. But last friday was the last straw. Two grown men, arguing over the game, disrupting the singers, standing up and shouting, getting in each other's face. Anyone else have to deal with this "Occupational Hazard"? your solutions? How would you tell them to keep the game, at the game? And yes yes yes ....for the 50th time..that is a great picture of your kid in his football outfit holding that football, on that badge you're wearing. aaaarrrrgggg.....
Sorry for venting...suggestions?
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM
VIP

Re: Friday Night High School Football

Sports, especially high school sports is not a big deal around here so I cn't say I've experienced what you have. The closest I've seen was election night 2008. One gal drowning her miseries while another gal was gloating her candidate won. Almost came to blows. Being a conservative community (rednecks) we gave the boot to the gloater. Problem solved - until 2012

Sam
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know Sam. It is getting pretty heated around here for the mid-term election too....lol
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM

high school or pro football nor politics are not really that big of a deal where i played.boxing is what people are craving out here, the venue i played at has a private room and thats where they watched pro football..but if theres a big titled fight it'll be watched at the main dining room where everyone watches..it doesn't have any effect on the # of people that come to my show during fooball season, it does during titled fights.i get a standing room only...and i start my show before and after the fight..
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm way up here in northern michigan. Isolated from the real world, just about 40 miles from a walmart {yes a lot of folks use walmart as a landmark for civilization} {all redneck thoughts forgiven}.....and up here, there is absolutly nothing going on except community functions, church, and karaoke. Not even any crime to speak of. Kinda like mayberry, we even have our very own barney fife. So high school football is a big deal here. Speaking of politics dale, we had our senator stop by on his re-election tour. I heard about 20 folks stopped out, that friday evening, the bleachers were full at the high school stadium. The ladies at the game, even give out free hot coffee. Can't compete with that........