MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old October 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
VIP

Re: Comments on computer choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Can I also ask..... if the audio runs continuously in the background, do you manually turn off the volume when you play from Hoster? One of the best features of BA is that it fades the music out, so I don't have to mess with any other controls. Do you use a USB sound card for Hoster?

I have a USB I/O interface for Hoster & use the sound card built in for the audio. I prefer the hands on method personally, since I do not allow songs to play to the end if they are instrumental, I just fade into the music & call the next singer, fade out when the next song starts. Just a preference.

Quote:
How do you get the WMP slideshow on your second screen for people to see? I've tried that in the past & it was a pain to drag it over to a second display & still be able to use the controls.

I just have it on the 2nd screen playing on a continuous loop - about 45 minutes worth of pictures at this time, so never need to touch the controls.

Quote:
I've been using a second player for disks for the last couple years also, but now having problems switching back & forth. After doing so several times, I now lose the video from the computer. I'm not sure if it's the A/B (rf modulator) that's going bad or if it's the S-Video output going bad on the computer
Quote:
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Not sure, I know on mine if you start the computer with the RF modulator connected & switched for the computer, it's fine for the night. Only time I lose video is if I have to reboot during a show & the RF converter is not switched to the computer. It has to be switched to the computer at boot up otherwise the computer doesn't see it for some reason. My old motherboard was different in that respect where once it was set, it would stay with those settings no matter if a 2nd video source was connected or not - unfortunately that board fried a couple years ago and the new one doesn't retain the settings and must have the 2nd source connected at boot up.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:15 PM
VIP

Quote:
Not sure, I know on mine if you start the computer with the RF modulator connected & switched for the computer, it's fine for the night. Only time I lose video is if I have to reboot during a show & the RF converter is not switched to the computer. It has to be switched to the computer at boot up otherwise the computer doesn't see it for some reason. My old motherboard was different in that respect where once it was set, it would stay with those settings no matter if a 2nd video source was connected or not - unfortunately that board fried a couple years ago and the new one doesn't retain the settings and must have the 2nd source connected at boot up.
Lonman

It always recognizes the TV at bootup - I mean after a couple hours of switching back & forth between the computer & the player, eventually when I switch back to the computer the TV is no longer recognized. It will only recognize the player. So, I have to reboot while switched to the laptop so it will recognize it again. How do you switch Video back & forth between the laptop & your separate player?

Re: showing a slide show, do you bring the Singers screen back to your Desktop after every song so the audience can see the Slideshow in between Singers?
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Lonman

It always recognizes the TV at bootup - I mean after a couple hours of switching back & forth between the computer & the player, eventually when I switch back to the computer the TV is no longer recognized. It will only recognize the player. So, I have to reboot while switched to the laptop so it will recognize it again. How do you switch Video back & forth between the laptop & your separate player?

Hmm. I just use a video switcher with a buit in RF converter. Never lost video signal since I started using computer. Not sure what would cause that.

Quote:
Re: showing a slide show, do you bring the Singers screen back to your Desktop after every song so the audience can see the Slideshow in between Singers?
No I just leave it running on the singer screen at all times, when the song starts, the lyrics screen takes over and puts itself on top, when it's done, the song stops & the slideshow is still playing on the singers screen.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old October 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
[/b]
Hmm. I just use a video switcher with a buit in RF converter. Never lost video signal since I started using computer. Not sure what would cause that.
I guess my Switcher/converter is just getting old, since I've been using it for 5 years now. But I can't find any new ones that still use coax out, meaning I'd have to change all my cables.
It's just so much easier to use Hoster for singer's disks .... guess I'll just have to get a more powerful computer one of these days.
[b]
No I just leave it running on the singer screen at all times, when the song starts, the lyrics screen takes over and puts itself on top, when it's done, the song stops & the slideshow is still playing on the singers screen.
Did you say you're using WMP for the slideshow? Or are you playing slideshows through Hoster in the Intermission Screen?
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:42 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybird74 View Post
did You Say You're Using Wmp For The Slideshow? Or Are You Playing Slideshows Through Hoster In The Intermission Screen?
Wmp.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Ok you two...if you want to discuss setup take it to another thread or use private messages. Wrahn started this thread for help on selecting a laptop, not how to setup a slideshow. He got some suggestions, so I am closing this thread.
Closed Thread