MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 17th, 2001, 12:06 PM

Carousel player

I know that this is not directly related to Microstudio, but there are many of you who are pofessional DJ's, so here is my question:

Is there anyone in his forum that has had any experience using the 2-300 carousel players that Sony or any other manufacturer make?

If you are a Karaoke DJ, what has been your experience?

Bandl
Old December 17th, 2001, 01:32 PM

A local KJ friend of mine uses 2-300 disc carousel players for his show. Seems to work okay except sometimes, it takes a few extra minutes to cue the next singer and start the disc. BTW, he uses archive copies of originals for his show.

Feel free to write to me if you'd like his email.
Old December 17th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Frequent Member

I use to use a JVC 200 cd player and decided that because of certain limits the player or players place on the user it doesn't make me want to go back to it.

first- to mix the units correctly- if you don't have the same songs on each player then you have to play with your song list so that if you are handed 2 slips from 2 different singers that are on the same unit then unless you chose to let the same player play through 2 songs without a clean mix you have to change your order of songs just to mix it right. then again it defeats the purpose to even have the 2 players to begin with.

second I have found out that if you don't keep tight security on your song slips it is easy to call the wrong singer up to sing.
It also helps not to be clumsy enough to accidently drop the slips and get them out of order. I'd much rather deal with 2 single players or a computer that will tell me on the screen who is next.
But that is just me.
Old December 19th, 2001, 06:51 PM

haven't read forum in a couple of days so sorry about this late response. i use a sony 300 cd changer to do karaoke gigs. i use this in conjuction with a vocopro cdg decoder. it works great for me because i can dial up a song without ever handling a cdg. the cue up times are slower but to me it is worth it. two things to be aware of : the changer that you buy must have digital output to work with the decoder and you must be careful when you transport player loaded with cd's because if it is jostled enough the cd's will come out of their slots. hope this helps.
Old December 21st, 2001, 12:48 AM

That's right KKING.I'm not a KDJ, but I distinctly remember seeing a post somewhere by a KDJ who said he had a friend that had some expensive down time because a cd did jar loose and become wedged out of place, jamming the player. I believe the poster said it took a technician to straighten it out. Wish I could remember when the post occured, but I believe it was this past summer. It all came about when I mentioned using a carousel player and he assumed I was KDJ and cautioned me. Thought I might reinforce that potential problem.If I were in the business and getting ready to make a purchase I'd sure look at a laptop and MTU's Hoster software, especially since they now have an approved USB burner. Make life a lot easier. If deciding to go the carousel route, the Sony CDP-CX400 will play CDRW media (not just CDR media). Nowhere in the owner's guide does it say so, but mine does. Just a thought to consider for the future.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; December 21st, 2001 at 08:14 AM.