MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:02 PM

No reply to request for help???????

I am not sure what the problem is. You say that I cannot install this program on my new system because I have installed it on too many computers. This is incorrect information and you need to fix your site. The fact is that I had this installed on one system and my system crashed and I had to buy a new hard drive and installed it on that system. Then I decided to get rid of the old system so I could install a DVD R/RW to be able to do backups quickly. My old system was only a 667mhz and I could not install the DVD R/RW on that system. So I am only having it on one system and cannot figure out why it say's that I have installed it on 4 systems already. I understand programmers wanting to protect their product but it always costs people that purchase the products time to get things like this sorted out. You will never stop piracy but you can also prevent people that want to be legal and purchase your products from wanting to mess with this stuff.

JT
djkaraok@yahoo.com
Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:29 PM

Jerry,
I have just double checked your Record. It only shows that it is installed 1 time. Please make sure that you are typing in your RegCode exactly as it appears. This is the only problem that I can think of that would cause this.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:36 PM

Same results see below cannot register

When I install this from 251 setup file and enter my serial/registration # I get this screen that says:

"registration disabled"

The registration code you entered has already been installed on too many different computers. We allow installing on computers owned and used by a single customer.

You can install Microstudion using this registration code again on the computers already installed on, but not on a new computer.

To terminate this installation, click the Finish button below.

To install on a new computer, click the Buy Now button below to buy a registration code for microstudio, or go to http://www.mtu.com/, scroll down the page and click the "Add 1 to cart" button under microstudio.

This appears to me to have accepted my registration # as it tells me that the code you entered .... What is going on?

Jerry
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM

Great News! Installation complete!

I wanted to post the great news that my dad who is Jerry Thomas had a phone call from MTU today and they walked me (his son) through re-installing the program on his new system. After the personal help it was determined that the problem was that we had been trying to use a generic email address to avoid spam and we could not get it installed. Not to say that we have ever had spam from MTU but it is just a general method of installing software to not use actual email address. As soon as we used the correct email address the program installed effortlessly. My dad wanted me to post his sincere thanks for the attention to his problem by MTU. Our family has had some tough times the last couple of years with brothers and nephews being suddenly killed and my dad had dropped out of the computer work he loved so much. It is good to see him back at it again. Thanks a lot again for the support and personal attention.

Jerry Thomas'
Proud Son