MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM

importing songs from hard drive

I just finished importing all about 7000 songs from my hd. I renamed all of them (artist - title) and put them into two files (english karaoke) and (spanish karaoke) . I then used a batch index them. I have since added a few more songs without a problem, but last night when I tried to add more songs I saw that when click add files, in single mode not batch, it adds not only the new files but all of the previously imported ones ass well. I don't want to index them because I have already printed a book and this would cause the numbers to change. Wen I printed the book a zeroed the new songs list. Is there a way That I can just import the new songs that I have added to my collection? What am I doing wrong? Which is better? kma or kmh? I used kma. Thank you
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: importing songs from hard drive

Have you got the "Hide indexed tracks" tick box ticked ? if not put a tick in that box, it is at the top just below the open folder window.

If that doesn't help, as you are importing them as Kma types, note down the file paths of the "Open Folder" and "Save to folder" then close the import window and open the "Build Database" dialog. Now look down the list of folders in the bottom left window, if you see the file path listed there that you used to import your kma files (Open Folder path in the import dialog) then select it then press the "Exclude folder" button. You don't want this listed here if you are importing them as kma types, then check that the path you used for the "Save to folder" is present, that one must remain there.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Thank you. I know that the hide indexed file was clicked. I will try it tonight when I get to the bar. Would it be better so save as kmh files?
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
Thank you. I know that the hide indexed file was clicked. I will try it tonight when I get to the bar. Would it be better so save as kmh files?
It is a matter of personnel choice, I myself would have imported them as kmh files, if you do import them as kmh types then that folder would have to remain in the list of folders, (not removed as I stated in previous Post).

If you change it to that now It may alter your Book Id's printed in your book.

Kma files create a copy of the original file with the header data inside it, as it's a copy you double the hard drive space used unless you delete the original files after importing. (not a good idea as you may need the original at some time for backup)
kmh file just adds a small 256bt header file to each song file and has to remain in the folder with the original file, uses much less hard drive space plus the original file can still be used in other software.

I only import new CD+G discs as kma files, (mainly because that's the only option) the disc is then the backup.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:20 AM

I deleted all files from hoster In edit songs tab. I then re imported as kmh's. I then printed a new book and zerod out the new release count. since then I have changed a couple of files (replaced them with beter versions) and added a few new songs to the file where all of my karaoke is. When I went to index the new songs, even though the hide indexed songs is checked, all of the songs in the folder show up in the list to be indexed. I Don't know what to do..Hope that someone can give me advice
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
I just finished importing all about 7000 songs from my hd. I renamed all of them (artist - title) and put them into two files (english karaoke) and (spanish karaoke) . I then used a batch index them. I have since added a few more songs without a problem, but last night when I tried to add more songs I saw that when click add files, in single mode not batch, it adds not only the new files but all of the previously imported ones ass well. I don't want to index them because I have already printed a book and this would cause the numbers to change. Wen I printed the book a zeroed the new songs list. Is there a way That I can just import the new songs that I have added to my collection? What am I doing wrong? Which is better? kma or kmh? I used kma. Thank you
Have a look in the folders of your imported kmh files, there should be a file named "ImportedFiles.txt" this tells Hoster what files are already imported, if this is missing then that is why it keeps listing them again.
There should be one of these in each folder that you import files from.
I don't know if this will replace it If it's not there but try rebuilding the database again see if that replaces it.

If you find the file, open it and see that it contains all the imported files or if it's empty.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Thank you so much! Problem resolved!! If you ever come to Puerto Rico give me a shout. I owe you one