MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 12th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Unhappy Confetti Screens

Recently I bought, several Chartbuster Packs, The Country 500 vol 1, A Pop Pack, and The Essential 450 E6. I have been in the process of Loading all of it on my computer I also puchased the Hoster upgrade to version 3.3??.
Heres my problem! When I went to play the songs that I loaded back I get a Screen full of confetti or on some songs the Screen turns another color sort of a phosphorecent green and the lyrics are unreadable. I thought maybe it is a glitch in the Hoster upgrade and I reinstalled the previous version that I had.
These disks play perfectly on my stand alone JVC 303. If anyone has ideas as to what is going on I sure would appreciate your input.
Johh
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
VIP

Oh, Oh....see if you can get a return. Then purchase a different brand. Chartbuster seems to be getting wosre and worse.

for Admin eyes only: Are there any new error correction code changes planned in the near future that will be advanced anough to detect and fix these type of errors?

I heard you had a superior one coming out soon.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

John,
Chartbuster is one of the worst because they cut costs by using cheaper thinner disks. The computer will always be more sensitive to this than the player because the drive speeds are faster in the computer.

If you have MicroStudio, then import each disc into it and burn a copy of the disc. The copy should be cleaner. Use the copy to import into Hoster. I have a half dozen or so that I have done this with and it does make the display much cleaner.

If you don't have MicroStudio I highly recommend it.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
VIP

I've heard that before too dale, but I have never had any success with using that method. Both copies seem to be snowflaky, why do you suppose that might be?
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM

The burn speed has a lot to do with it, also.

A Plextor engineer told me the newer burners are optimized to perform at their higher speeds.

The old thinking that CDG's should always be burned at slower speeds is just that, old thinking. I always burn wide open.

Don't know if this will help clean up junky tracks or not, but worth a try.

It could very well be the opposite in some cases, so if you're burning fast, try a slower speed to clean up the junk....who knows?

George
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
VIP

hmmmm...but when I get junk, especially from ChartBuster discs..they are junk at any speed. Doesn't seem to matter.
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Confetti Screens

Well I just tried the duplicating disk using Microstudio and I got a little message that said the disk was multisession and unsupported by Microstudio. I am using version 2.6 I think. I use it so rarely. So I guess that is the problem and Hoster 3.30 Latest version won't read it correctly either. One of the disks I get screen stacked on top of screen . It looks like a ticker tape Parade . If I can't get this resolved I'll Just use them the old fashioned way and not buy anymore Chartbuster.
John
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

We have found that if you slow down the import speed, there are far fewer errors. The Chartbuster discs are so warped that when they spin at high speeds they wobble the drive and laser positioning mechanism. This causes read errors that cause the various problems.

Hoster 3.310 has a new Disc Speed: control that allows you to import at a slower speed. We have seen very significant improvements in our "bad" Chartbuster discs after importing at the slowest speed.

FYI: Our target to release 3.310 is by May 31, 2006.
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
VIP

Just being inventive here, but was wondering if one could help correct the wobbling by increasing the thickness of the disk by perhaps using several layers of labels pasted on?
Anybody wanna try or re-advise?
Bryant
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

That could add to the problem Bryan especially if you don't get the labels perfectly centered. Maybe we need a "Balancing Machine" like they have for tires??
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM

Confetti screens

Admin are you saying reduce the input from 128 to say 96Kbs? I will try that or even the lowest setting. The fact that they are Multisession discs will that be a factor. I could upgrade to the newer version of hoster I originally imported the discs using it It has a multisession button on it should it be red or some other color.
I really don't want to have to switch disks during a show, Hoster has really spoiled me.
I was thinking that I may have to go in and Delete the bad imported songs which is pretty much all of them around 700 songs so far. Then reimport them.

I'm Trying to about it all.

John
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:52 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke John
Well I just tried the duplicating disk using Microstudio and I got a little message that said the disk was multisession and unsupported by Microstudio. I am using version 2.6 I think. I use it so rarely. So I guess that is the problem and Hoster 3.30 Latest version won't read it correctly either. One of the disks I get screen stacked on top of screen . It looks like a ticker tape Parade . If I can't get this resolved I'll Just use them the old fashioned way and not buy anymore Chartbuster.
John
Don't "duplicate". Import each track individually (minus the MS track) and use custom assembly to reassemble. On the last music track when hoster hangs at about the 3/4 mark, hit eject on your cdrom. Hoster will say "abort" but in fact the track will be there.

Sam
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaoke John
Admin are you saying reduce the input from 128 to say 96Kbs? I will try that or even the lowest setting. The fact that they are Multisession discs will that be a factor. I could upgrade to the newer version of hoster I originally imported the discs using it It has a multisession button on it should it be red or some other color.
I really don't want to have to switch disks during a show, Hoster has really spoiled me.
I was thinking that I may have to go in and Delete the bad imported songs which is pretty much all of them around 700 songs so far. Then reimport them.

I'm Trying to about it all.

John
Admin is saying reduce your drive speed from 32X to 4x or even 1X (you'd want to experiment a little)

reducing your bit rate setting won't imprve the graphics but they can make your music sound crappy

With CB reducing the drive speed might make a small improvement but don't expect miracles

Sam
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass
That could add to the problem Bryan especially if you don't get the labels perfectly centered. Maybe we need a "Balancing Machine" like they have for tires??
I can see us now gluing little weights on to the disk - LOL
Hey it works for ceiling fans!

Sam
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Or taking all our discs down to Discount Tires to have them spin balanced...