MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 15th, 2004, 01:18 AM

Question continueious music

I have a club owner that wants no dead air Is there a whay you karaoke hosts provide this. With Karaoke songs Having title tracks and credit pages not always the same length
Crazycarl
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:08 AM

Carl,
I run windows media player, run it in a small window. Don't minimize it, or hoster. have a playlist running, and use the volume sliderbar on media player to fade out the music as the music starts for the karaoke song. It works for me.

I usually have so little dead air I don't need to use it anymore. I put a 5 second delay on the playlist (in hoster) and put it in autoplay. I get in between 25-30 songs per hour. and keep rotation at least 1 sometimes 2 rotations ahead.

On media player under enhancements, set crossfade to 3.4 seconds, and it will cross fade from one song into the next without a break. I just love media player .
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:58 PM

Re: continueious music

Quote:
Originally posted by crazycarl
I have a club owner that wants no dead air Is there a whay you karaoke hosts provide this. With Karaoke songs Having title tracks and credit pages not always the same length
Crazycarl
I have a dual cassette player with continuous play, all I do is turn up the volume as the karaoke song winds down, once in a great while it will be at the end of the tape, that's when you remind the patrons to tip their bartender, and waitresses trust me he won't hollar if you use that to take up dead air. Have fun.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:44 AM

Can I use winamp

I have win amp. Can I have a library run constantly with a CROWD LIST (list I think this genre of crowd would like) I dont get the cross fader thing how does that work?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:47 AM

The Crossfader on windows overlaps the ending of the playing song with the beginning of the next song...... therefore fading from one song into another. makes continuous music without the usual 2 second dead sound between tracks like on a cd.

I cant tell you about winamp, I don't use it. BUt windows media player (free has its own volume control) on the play screen this only controls media player. so when you fade out the playing song anything else playing, like a hoster track will take over.
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Where is this cross fader

i cant find the button or bar???
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:38 AM

open the media player, and open a playlist, and start a ong playing. in the top toolbat under view pick now playing tools, you should have a selection names crossfading.......

if not it is a free down load from the media player website.
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:29 PM

geeze helps to read

I missed the whole dont minimize it part..oops thats helps
Old June 18th, 2004, 11:29 AM

Gotrich - gotwinamp

Winamp has the crossfade function also... Preferences - Audio, you can enable crossfade. Just play around with it a little. I use winamp too, and love it.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:36 PM

Re: continueious music

Quote:
Originally posted by crazycarl
Crazycarl
I think I would get a cross fader and plug in a sony walkman, stick a disk in there and fade over to the walkman, as you are keying up your next person's disk.

I m not sure what you would play, I have found some KJs play the Stars on 45's Beatles

I suggest you look for another club....who needs that...
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:47 AM

Alan Bingham,
Actually continuous music works out well. Everyone in all karaoke bares are there for karaoke. I guess they don't understand what Karaoke is. But at any rate I had several bars with this policy. and a 4 hr show went to an 8 hr show every time. I don't turn down overtime.

In some bars there is a 20/80 split that is 20 karaoke singers/80 drinking customers that want to dance. The name og the game is entertainment. I have 32,000 dance tracks, and use them to make a Bar money. it is the bar that is the customer, not the 20 karaoke singers.

Quite a few karaoke singers are water drinkers & soda drinkers, and if a Bar is to survive, they have to cater to the audience as a whole, not the select few. I try to make everyone happy.