MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2018, 03:48 PM

Can\'t get into Hoster

I\'m having two different problems. One is with the laptop and the other is with the desktop. I\'ll only address the laptop now. I have windows 7 and Hoster 5.41.05. I CAN\'T get into Hoster. I have deleted it and reinstalled it, same problem. I will attach what comes up when trying to open Hoster. It says to rename or delete the following file and restart Hoster. C:\\ProgramData\\mtu.com\\Hoster\\songs.mdb
I can not find Program Data anywhere. In C drive, I have MTU with 2 files, KMA & Songs. I will attach what comes up when trying to open Hoster. Would it be easier to do a complete uninstall and reinstall Hoster? I have the all the .kma files on another computer. I would appreciate any help or advice. I hope attachment works, first time trying it.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MTU1.jpg (41.1 KB, 4 views)
Old October 26th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Can\\\'t get into Hoster

It’s in a hidden folder.
Windows 7
Go to Control Panel Select Folder Options, If you can’t see Folder options direct look for Appearance and Personalization then folder options then select the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Then you should see ProgramData.

Instead of deleting the songs.mdb rename it for now example SongsBKU.mdb
In case that\'s not the issue then you can always name it back.

Then try restarting Hoster, if all goes well you can then go back and delete the renamed file.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 26th, 2018, 11:01 PM

Roy,
Thanks for responding. I was able to do most of what you suggested. With the... C:\\ProgramData\\MTU.com\\Hoster\\songs.mdb
In Hoster, the only files were Quarantine and Reports. The file songs.mdb was not there. What if I were to copy it from my desktop computer and install it into Hoster on my laptop? Do you think that would work? I\'ll wait too hear from you. Oh, by the way, I was able to fix Hoster on my desktop. As always... Thank you Roy

Ernie
Old October 27th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Can’t get into Hoster

That’s weird. Normally there is a long list of settings in that folder. Out of curiosity can you open that Quarantine folder and see if it has moved all the data into it ?
That is the default place Hoster puts the data folder but you are allowed to move it elsewhere, do you ever recollect moving it ?
You could try just copying the songs.mdb and pasting it, if that doesn’t work try this:
What I would do is rename your present Hoster folder to HosterBKUP.
Restart Hoster and it will rebuild that data folder, when it starts it should be as if you had just installed originally but all your settings gone, can’t remember the exact thing that shows but a dialogue will ask something like do you want search or add music with an option to skip that or not now, choose the skip or not now.
From the Tools menu select Hoster Data Folder when it shows check if the file path to it is: C:/ProgramData/mtu.com/Hoster
If it’s not make a note of where it is and come back to me.
Assuming it is the default place, Close Hoster but keep the datafolder open.

Now copy your songs.mdb from your Desktop computer and paste it into the Hoster datafolder then restart Hoster.
If all is well you may want to copy all your settings from your Desktop computer, you can create a backup from the Desktop computer from the Help Menu/Backup/Restore.

Save the backup to a portable drive or cloud drive, then open your the backup dialog on the laptop and choose Restore.

Tick the box to also restore registry providing it meets the 32bt vs 64bt message. and it should clown it to the same as your Desktop.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 27th, 2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old October 27th, 2018, 01:55 PM

Roy, I went to the sub file Quarantine. It had 90 ,kma files in it. I then clicked the main folder to see if anything is there. Everything is there, including Songs .mdb which has 8628 kb. I clicked Songs .mdb and it opened Access that read Security Warning Certain content in the database has been disabled. Sorry, but earlier when I saw MTU I was looking to see what was in it and I saw the two sub folders. I didn\'t think to click the actual MTU.

Ernie
Old October 27th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

In that case delete the songs.mdb and paste a copy from your desktop into it.
Hopefully that will fix it.
Those files in the quarantine folder are probably where you had duplicated disc id\'s when you built the database.

I\'m out tonight so might not be able to answer further tonight.
Old October 27th, 2018, 03:47 PM

Roy, I did what you said and then clicked songs.mdb. Access opened and this came up... Cannot open database \'songs\'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. I then went to the desktop \"that I thought was working\" and clicked songs.mdb there. It also came up with...Cannot open database \'songs\'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. Now I\'m really lost?!? In the Quarantine, should I delete the 90 .kma\'s. I know when I did a rebuild it said I only had 6 duplicates? Sorry for the mess.

Ernie
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

At no time have I told you to open the Songs.mdb
I have said delete it or copy & paste.
To Delete right click it and select delete from the dropdown menu, same with copy right click first to bring up the menu.

Opening it with a a different version of Access to the one Hoster uses can cause problems. If you ever want to view it in Access it is best to copy it and paste it onto your desktop first then open it from your desktop not from within Hoster data folder, accidently saving it from within the data folder will very likely cause problems.

Now forget all previous suggestions I made and start again here:
Presumably all your Hoster data folder files are still in tacked. Make sure Hoster is not running. Open the Hoster Data folder, scroll down to the Songs.mdb (right click it and select delete) close the folder.

Now start Hoster, I can’t remember exactly what happens with version 5.41, it may auto build your database or a dialog will ask what you want to do but choose to rebuild the data base or go to Tools Menu/Build database as you would normaly.
That should fix it, if it finds duplicated Disc Id’s you will probably see a dialog asking if you want to merge select yes and it will give those songs new id’s
Old October 28th, 2018, 02:35 PM

Roy, I apologize for taking the extra step, but I was just curious. I am very grateful for all of your help. Everything is working as it should. Thank you for all of your help.

Ernie
Old October 28th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Glad I could help.

Just in case your interested, I posted a Video on YouTube showing some new features in version 6.01
Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7iObsdShA
Old October 29th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Roy, Do you have a list or file of videos? If you do, would you share where they are?

Thanks,
Ernie
Old October 29th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

From the YouTube search just type mtu Hoster this should list all that are for for public viewing.

Mine are listed under the names Mrwelovekaraoke and Roy\'s Karaoke.
Most of them are early versions of Hoster.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

This thread is now closed
Closed Thread