MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 26th, 2015, 05:15 PM
VIP

Missing Files

I haven't used Microstudio for a while and today I decided to use it for a project I am working on. I encountered the following problem that I cannot figure out. All my folders are listed by Brand, i.e. Chartbuster, Music Maestro, Sound Choice, etc. I first selected my Music Maestro folder to add, ticked for subs. I did the scan and when it finished it showed 6426 files with no errors. When I click on one of the songs to add to the playlist, I get a pop up message stating "the file is missing". I had the same result on my Chartbuster folder but other folders worked without any problems. These are the same folders I use in Hoster and they work fine in Hoster. Any idea why Microstudio won't play them. They are all mp3+g files.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old January 26th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Missing Files

Have you tried pressing the refresh button on the main page ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 26th, 2015, 06:02 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Have you tried pressing the refresh button on the main page ?
Roy, I finally got it working. I removed the folder several times an added it again. I did the refresh button each time it wouldn't work. I thought maybe it had to do with my new computer and windows 8.1 but I checked my old computer with windows 7 and had the same problem with the same folders. I don't know why after removing and adding the folder again several times I got it working. Now I need to see if I can do the same thing on my old computer. These computers are driving me crazy. Just when I think I know a little I discover I don't know anything!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old January 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

When you add a folder that's been added before it just reads a text file in the folder, if anything has altered since that file was created it wont show the changes. Pressing the refresh button in the main dialog rebuilds that text file.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:19 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
When you add a folder that's been added before it just reads a text file in the folder, if anything has altered since that file was created it wont show the changes. Pressing the refresh button in the main dialog rebuilds that text file.
Thanks Roy, that's what I must have done to get it working but I thought I had tried that several times. Anyway, it's working and I got my project started and as always I thank you for your help!