MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 23rd, 2002, 05:32 PM

Question CD+G logos

Hi Everyone,
does anybody know where I can get the transparent CD+G logo, maybe in .wmf format, to print on to my CD+G's? My Sure Thing CD Labaler software has CD Digital data .wmf, but would like a CD Graphics logo.

Thanks,
Tom
Old December 23rd, 2002, 11:18 PM
Frequent Member

Is this what you are looking for?

JUST CLEANED UP THESE TWO FILES FOR BETTER RESOLUTION

Last edited by kjzone; December 24th, 2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old December 24th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Frequent Member

I don't think you can make jpg or wmf files "Transparent"
I found several articles and software to make "Gif" files
Transparent, but it appears they can be used for Web Pages Only.
I tried several of the conversion programs, but couldn't get the converted "Gif's" to import to a CD Label Program as an image file.

You can search the Web"

"How to make jpg transparent"
"How to make jpg transparent and software"
"How to make gif transparent"
"How to make gif transparent and software"

THE CD+G ZIP FILE IN THE ABOVE MESSAGE, COMPACT DISC CD+G LOGO WILL WORK ON A WHITE LABEL BACKGROUND

Here's the links I found them at:

http://www.cdplant.se/eng/logotypereng.htm

http://www.cdman.com/graphics/disc_designing/logos.html

http://www.effectuality.ca/logos_art.shtml

http://www.u-m-l.com/logocdg.htm

http://www.gnscd.com/cdlogo.htm

Last edited by kjzone; December 24th, 2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old December 24th, 2002, 10:29 AM

I downloaded the above file and played around with it. I printed it out, then copied that to a clear page divider trimmed to size, using a HP printer, copier, scanner. DO NOT USE A REGULAR COPIER IF YOU TRY THIS UNLESS YOU WANT MELTED PLASTIC ALL OVER YOUR ROLLERS. A HPPSC does not use heat, but copies as a printer.

Then I took the image that was printed on clear plastic and scanned it into the computer. This is where things got messed up.
When the image is printed on clear plastic it is transparant, just as desired, but since the plastic cannot absorb the ink it can be smeared very easily and extreme care must be taken in handling.That can be overcome with care.
Ran into two more problems: 1- controlling the size of the image to keep it into perspective on a label. I'm sure you guys with your pc expertise can overcome that one much more easily than I. (not being sarcastic, just honest),
2-Since the image is a graphic, and not a text file, my Neato Label program wanted to fill the label with it, really messing things up. Also since it is a graphic and not a text file., it replaced the background image I'd selected, so it appears if this is to be workable at all it would have to be saved as a .txt file to control the size and placement. Dunno, just speculating on that one.

The only reason I bothered to post this is using this method it is possible to make a transparancy out of the file. If you guys want to beat on it some more then have at it.

Take care,

George
Old December 24th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Frequent Member

Just cleaned up the above CD+G.zip file (has one bmp and one jpg logo) for better resolution. IF YOU DOWNLOAD, PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD.

I cleaned up all the pixels......all are now true black or true white.
Using Microsoft Paint and the Fill Icon, you can easily select a fill color such as "Red" and with a few mouse clicks replace the white background to another color.

Also, I have an HP LaserJet 6p (600 dpi) resolution. The Newer LaserJets have 1800+.

Used 3M Transparancy Film for Laser Printers Cat # CG 3300, and printed logo on that Film. The Toner is embedded into the film, NO TONER SMEAR.....

WILL NEXT, TRY GEORGE'S METHOD TO SCAN TRANSPARENT LOGO INTO SCANNER.....BUT CAN'T DO TODAY.....

Last edited by kjzone; December 24th, 2002 at 01:40 PM.
Old December 24th, 2002, 07:33 PM

When I put logos' on my disks I would just put the one that came with the Neto Mediaface II software, I would then use the Rounded Rectangle tool to put a box under the logo, then add text into that box saying GRAPHIC.

However using the logo's that were provided I may not do that anymore.

Alan.
Old December 27th, 2002, 11:45 PM

Smile

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input so far. I did what Alan had done, and went with the regular CD logo, then added "Graphics" under it for now, and rectangled it . If anyone happens to come across a .wmf logo, or other transparent logo, and can post it here, we'll all be indebted to you!!!
God Bless,
Tom