MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM

What do you folks use to pull CD tracks?

I seem to always have problems getting the vocals completely removed. No doubt its my inexperience with this particular product.

I have read that you need a .wav file recorded at 44.1 khz. What do you folks use to get a CD track over to a .wav file? I have a piece of shareware called mp3converter but wondering if there is something better. For instance if I start with a high-quality wma file and convert that to wav will that do the trick?

Incidentally, I have tried removing vocals from several CD tracks but I never have luck (ie I never have that "perfect" recording with no vocals). So I'd like to know what you folks use. I am generally pulling Pop/Rock 1980-90's with cneter-panned vocals. These typically have a lot of reverb as well. I have gotten to the point where I am left with reverb decay that I just can't get rid of....not enough tweakage left on the slider.

Thanks in advance.