MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM

Tho interesting.. it doesn't help my situation.
I purchased the 716A because I understood it to be CD+G compatable.. only to find that I had to spend another $60 to upgrade MTU to accept it.. only it doesn't... at least on my PC.. and as stated before.. it isn't recognized at all by Goldenhawk or another program.
Using MTU it will load disc's (CD+G).. once loaded, My PC recognises the songs (as CD+G).. and I can play them using MTU's player... but I STILL can't make a backup copy. I've tried Fry's GQ, memorex, sony, maxell, Optimum...with the same results.. it's NOT the disc, but the program, or is the unit defective?

PLEASE help.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
That definately is not so.

I use CDRW's for every project I do using KHP and Microstudio so I can see what the finished material is actually going to look like when played on the big screen t.v.. When I get it how I want it then I burn to a regular CDR, erase the CDRW, and use it over.

Also use CDRW to save work that changes, such as back-up files, etc. Saves a lot of coasters.

As with any other media, I use the best grade CDRW's available, and have no trouble with quality of CDG burns.

Only drawbacks are write speed limitation, and CDG player compatability. My Sony players are CDRW compatible, as is Microstudio.

George
The problem is that the VAST MAJORITY of Karaoke CDG Players will not play CD-RW media. Thus, other than for experimentation, it is not worth buying and using CD=RW media.

The Plextor drives we used to receive came with a CD-RW disc. When we shipped them to users, we had a MASSIVE number of calls with unexplainable problems... until MTUSUPPORT started probing to see if they had used their CD-RW disc. They always had! Thus, we stopped shipping this disc, and the problems stopped.

George is correct, CDRW disc CAN be used.

However, MTU RECOMMENDS you shouldn't even buy and have CDRW discs in the house to prevent writing to them and trying to play in your player. Of course it is up to each user, but MTU does not want to start getting unexplainable problems again over this.

STANDARD MICROSTUDIO CUSTOMERS... PLEASE DO NOT BUY CDRW MEDIA!

No negative implied against George as he definitely knows what media he is using. Problem is too many others aren't as careful, and forget what they are recording to.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD
Tho interesting.. it doesn't help my situation.
I purchased the 716A because I understood it to be CD+G compatable.. only to find that I had to spend another $60 to upgrade MTU to accept it.. only it doesn't... at least on my PC.. and as stated before.. it isn't recognized at all by Goldenhawk or another program.

Using MTU it will load disc's (CD+G).. once loaded, My PC recognises the songs (as CD+G).. and I can play them using MTU's player... but I STILL can't make a backup copy. I've tried Fry's GQ, memorex, sony, maxell, Optimum...with the same results.. it's NOT the disc, but the program, or is the unit defective?

PLEASE help.
I know we have other customers using the 716A, and we even bought and tested one. We didn't like the way the disc went in and out. It was rough and could damage the disc. That's why we don't recommend or sell them.

I'd say your drive is faulty, but MTUSUPPORT may have a better diagnosis tomorrow.

Added 05-22-06 by ADMIN: I was out to lunch on the text posted above! We tested and sold MANY of the 716A drives. It was the 716AL that I was thinking about when I posted this.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Regarding media, I might add that if you want consistantly quality results, purchase the media that MTU markets. It cannot be beat.

If you are outside the USA, then try to get MITSUI, if at all possible. It and MTU's media are of comparable quality, and are excellent for CDG.

George
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Admin... I purchased the 716A from you... look at my purchase sheet...several months ago on sale.. I believe the price was approx $130.00 total
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:39 PM

The problem is not the drive. The problem is that you have some other Software on your computer that is causing this. Such as EZ CD Creator or Roxio. Here is the post about this: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=3622

Error number 5
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:35 PM

Hi Bryan.. I don't have roxio or the other one and I uninstalled Nero 6 as the pasges suggested... The only labeler I use is Shurething. I'm stumped..
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:57 AM

Open Control Panel, Add Remove Programs and type in the programs that you have installed in this forum. I will see if I see anything that might be causing this.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Thank you Bryan:
I will post that to you on Friday. My problem is I'm at work out of town and my PC is at home.. But I will certainly do that asap. I appreciate your help. On a privace point? Could I maybe send that list to you in a PM ? if not, I will post here to assist in resolving this frustrating delema. Thanks again.
Old May 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Bryan as requested.. I hope I don't get hacked having to post this publically.
Adobe
Alcohol 100%
FileZilla
Games
iISystem Wiper
McAfee
Spybot
Startup
WinPatrol
Int. Explorer
MSN Explorer
Outlook Express
Remote Assistance
Windows Media Player
Windows Messenger
CDRWin 5
Microsoft Office Tools, Access, Excel,
Frontpage, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word
Faxtools
Creative—SoundBlaster
MTU
Olympus Camedia master
Steinberg Clean 4.01
Wavelab Lite
Label Editor
Sygate Personal Firewall
WinMx
vanBasco’s karaoke player
Java 2
Lavasoft AdWare SE
Adobe Reader 7
MusicMatch
LimeWire
SureThing
Adobe Photoshop3
Audacity
MSN messenger 7.5
iPod
iTunes
Quicktime
LP Recorder
LP Ripper
ABBYY FineReaner tools
Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Sprint
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:26 PM

These are the files that I see that could cause a problem if they load on startup:

Alcohol 100%
Olympus Camedia master -possible not sure some other printer and camera software has caused this in the past, by using the ASPI drivers.

MusicMatch
iPod
iTunes
Quicktime

These 4 could also possibly cause this, if they load on startup. All you need to do is disable the programs from running on Startup. Now if you have the computer up and running, and then go run one of these programs, and then go to Microstudio and try to burn a disc, you will get the error again.
Old June 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM

Bryan-- I want to thank you (and Doug Cox) for your patience and perserverance... Your post above, listed the culprit.. Alcohol 100%.. and that was the trouble.. as soon as I turned that program off.. I burned a perfect disc.. I never even use that program (my son installed it when he built my PC). So I uninstalled it.. and have had no further troubles.. my PX716A works like a charm.. again THANK YOU!!!!
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM

About the 716A

My unit won't play or import store bought cdg's or any recorded 48x cdr's. I've had my 716A for a year now and it worked great untill about 2 weeks ago. It will no longer burn projects either. I'm thinking the drive is going bad. I upgraded MTU to version 2.613 but nothing seems to help. I can play from my hard drive files, which were imported by the 716A , and it will play from 52x cdr's that have been recorded from other sources. I get error messages that are not listed in MTU help. error messages include: 04h 00h 02h 03h 02h 80h, 04h 00h 02h 02h 57h 00h. Does anyone have any idea what these errors mean? Any help would be appreciated.
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Gary, you will have a better response if you will post this in a new thread rather than adding to one that has already been solved. From what you are saying it sounds like the drive is going out. Have you tried using it with any other program? Will windows media player play the audio of the CDG disks that won't import?
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Frequent Member

I have three plextor 716 drives two i got from MTU.
they all work great and will copy or burn with microstudio and a few other programs i have.
You should go to plextor,com and upgrade firmware for your drive this may help.
also as stated above go to start, run, msconfig, startup. disable all.
then try microstudio and see if it will copy to a CDR not a CD-RW. Bob

hope this helps
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Well i've tried everything, and looked for help on plextor and everything there tells me that the drive is bad. I just can't understand why it reads all 52x but not the 48x. The import works on all the 52x, but not the 48x, even the ones i know it has worked on in the past. It'll play the 52x in wmp, but not the 48x.
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Have you tried downloading any firmware for that burner from Plextor? Probably won't help, but sure can't hurt to see.

George
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM

Have you added any new programs to your PC recently? As you can see from my troubles (above), for whatever reason, some programs interfere with the burner's drives....???
If so, follow Bryan's suggestion to me.. and turn it or them off one by one until you see a difference.
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:02 AM

yea i've downloaded updates, firmware and also turned all programs off, but none have been added since it last worked right
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:04 AM

besides any programs or firmware not installed should make it not work at all i would think ......it'll work fine on 52x except for the write part...won't write at all