MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 15th, 2003, 09:31 AM

Lightbulb help on cyberdrv cd-rw

my cyberdrv cw058d copies cd-g on other burning software but not on microstudio why?
Old April 15th, 2003, 01:44 PM

Mastering or Copying

I had a similar situation.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1135
Old April 16th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Frequent Member

kj daz and jahern.........

The ONLY CD-RW that reads and writes CD+G format correctly is PLEXTOR...... if you don't have one.....GET ONE.
Old April 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM

The only one???

kjzone

What are you talking about? MTU lists several drives that work properly. I do have a plextor. I also have had an HP and a Sony, both of which served me well, (and, incidently are serving others well as we speak; the only reason I don't have them now is due to speed upgrades)

My entry was an attempt to show that I have experienced being able to make beautiful cdg copies with drives that Microstudio cannot use. If you read my link, it shows that MTU indicated that the drive was not useable. My inference was that KJdaz might be in the same boat.

I don't understand the purpose of your entry. If you want to say that Plextor is the best, then that is one thing. I bought my plextor from MTU. It was obvious that the box had been opened because of course they tested it and certified it. Plextor is the only drive that they can guarantee at point of purchase. The others, as in Sony's case may undergo design changes that MTU is powerless to control. The electronics megastore nearby has a liberal return policy so I can "try" drives that might work out. Other people are not so lucky. So It is prudent of MTU not to say yes yes to any drive when the buyer may get stuck with a major cost item that doesn't work right.

Plextor is not the only one that works though. I have personal experience in this matter.
Old April 17th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Frequent Member

I echo jahern's report that other drives work well- I have owned two Hp drives- One internal and the one I am using now which is external hooked into my computer via usb. The only problems I have experienced was due to bad nmedia not the drive itself. I once had a batch of maxell discs read as bad discs only to have a full rack of TDK p100 pack go through with zero defects. ALl on the same drive so I believe it matters more to get good media han to be stuck with one brand of writers to choose from- MTU sells Plextor and buying from them I would believe would guarrantee that it will work for you. If you have to have a trust worthy unit for burning with an MTU product why take the chance with something that they haven't tested for you?