MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 14th, 2005, 01:45 PM

help to convert

I have uploaded 2,400 karaoke songs from my CDG's in the KMA format. I'm now ready to convert all these songs to the MP3G format. I haven't been able to find out how to do this.

I am thinking that I will have to upload all 2,400 songs again from my CD's but the only method I could find was to type in each song as I go which would be an impossible situtation.

Thanks for your input.
herestommy
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Re: help to convert

I hope you're talking about Hoster, and not Microstudio, because there's no way you could import a CDG through Microstudio as a KMA.

Brings up a question. If the tracks have all been imported into Hoster as KMA which is a compressed mode, why the concern about trying to further convert them, which you can't do anyway?

George
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:22 PM

Not quite sure if I should be responding here to the answer from George but will try.

Yes, I uploaded all my music in Hoster. From your answer it sounds like I cannot convert from KMA to MP3G.

Does anyone know how I can upload my CDG's in the MP3G format in Hoster? I have been sifting thru the help for days.
Thanks,
herestommy
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:21 PM

Herestommy,
There is no way to change a kma file to a mp3+g format. Why would you want to do this? If you need the files in mp3+g format, then you must also import those to that format, from the discs using a software that supports importing as mp3+g.
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:42 PM

The reason I purchased Hoster was so that I could have all my karaoke songs in both the KMA and the MP3G format. It was my understanding in reading the information before I purchased the 5 program package that I could import both KMA and MP3G formats. From the answers thus far it seems like Hoster will not upload CDG'S into the MP3G format. I have purchased so much software that has failed at one time or another and do not trust Hoster or any other program to work 100% of the time. If I have all my karaoke songs in both formats and Hoster fails I will have another back up player that will play the MP3G karaoke songs.
This may seem like a waste to some people but if you had the trouble I have with computers and software you would want the same thing. Hard drives are cheap to buy so storage space is no problem.
I look forward to a final answer to my question.
Thanks all who have responded.
herestommy
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:36 PM

herestommy,
There is nowhere on our website that states that any of our programs "Import" files to the MP3+G format.

Under Hoster it does state that it can "Play" them, but we have no software that creates a MP3+G format file. So this part was read incorrectly.

I am just giving you the facts.
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Thanks Brian;
Guess that will teach me to read more carefully next time. I still need to copy all my CDG's to hard drive in the CD3G format for my safety net. Can you recomend a program for me to buy. I do find some that mention using Zip but I don't know if I can find a software player for that format.

One more question, please, I can't seem to find where I start a new question or thread as it's called.

Now that I have my 2,400 karaoke songs uploaded with Hoster I want to burn a few special CDG's with only my favorite songs. I do not understand how to do this when reading the help files and was unable to find the answer in the (FAQ). Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,
herestommy
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:07 PM

You would import the tracks you want from your CDG discs to your hard drive using Microstudio, then burn them to a disc using the CUSTOM ASSEMBLY function in Microstudio.

Hoster does not burn discs.

George