MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM

My vocals come in prematurely when recorded over a song

When I record through my microphone over a song and play the recorded song back, my vocals are a fraction of a second ahead of where they were sung when I recorded them. My microphone is just a standard one from radio shack, not specifically for a computer. Obviously there is no problem with it sending the vocals to the computer, but could it be the reason for the timing being off?

Thanks for the help
Old December 25th, 2007, 08:49 AM

voice and music not in sync

i'm getting the same problem when recording and have tried everything and luck finding problem
northlander
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM

This is a wild stab.

Can't help wonder if the sound accelleration is a bit fast for the mike input. I'd really be surprised if this works, but can't imagine what else may be wrong.

Click START, RUN, type in DXDIAG, click O.K.

Click the tab SOUND 1, If it's all the way to the right, move the HARDWARE ACCELLERATION LEVEL slider two notches to the left and exit.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM

thanks
i tried all that i just can't seem to find the problem.
it starts when you record yourself. i can use roxio and there is no problem,it seems its in the recording in microstudio that is a guess
anyway thanks northlander.

HAPPY SEASON.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
VIP

Same thing with me. I was singing along with a song in "perfect harmony" , but when playing back the recording, I was a bit ahead of the original vocals on the song.

Old January 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM

not in sync

Hello Bryant
yes i tried everything you can think of as i said i think there is a problem with the recording part of microstudio, i'm waiting to here from them ,but still haven't heard anything .
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlander View Post
Hello Bryant
yes i tried everything you can think of as i said i think there is a problem with the recording part of microstudio, i'm waiting to here from them ,but still haven't heard anything .
I noticed it too, as I don't record too much, but the first time I tried in a while I noticed it today. Is anyone else able to reproduce this, let us know.

Old January 6th, 2008, 07:32 AM

I haven't tried recording my own voice with it. But I have noticed when playing back the back up vocals on the imported tracks will do the same thing at times. When burned they are back in sync. Try burning the recording to a CDR or RW and see what happens.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrog View Post
I haven't tried recording my own voice with it. But I have noticed when playing back the back up vocals on the imported tracks will do the same thing at times. When burned they are back in sync. Try burning the recording to a CDR or RW and see what happens.
That is really way much time and effort for some of us as we just want to practice song after song to see which ones we can sing at the upcoming shows. I don't sing well and can't carry a tune on most songs, so I check to see which ones I can, change keys a bit, and say "Gee maybe I'll try that song tonight".

Old January 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM

bryant
thats what its all about singing recording and playing back what you recorded,i enjoy playing guitar and singing',its to bad you can,t talk to someone about your problem' it would be so much easier.
Old January 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
VIP

Quote:
bryant
thats what its all about singing recording and playing back what you recorded,i enjoy playing guitar and singing',its to bad you can,t talk to someone about your problem' it would be so much easier.
I'm listening.

Old January 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM

byrant
i'm sorry i meant talking to microstudio' before we had
one on one by phone .
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Is anyone else able to reproduce this, let us know.
I was just responding to this part of your previous post as it seems to be along the same lines as the problem. But has nothing to do with recording voice.
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Administrator

I'm listening.

There are 4 of you reporting this problem, out of tens of thousands of Microstudio users.

I won't rule out that Microstudio has a problem, but with only 4 reporting, like George, I "think" at this time there is something else at play here.

Question for everyone with this audio problem...

First, are you using an external amplifier for the Microphone? If so,there may be an audio delay. We have worked very hard to reduce the digital buffer delay so the music will be in sync.

I'll schedule a meeting on this tomorrow to review our digital delay, insuring something hasn't extended it by accident.

Please post what audio card, external box, etc. you are using. There are lots of them out there, and we have seen various digital delay problems with some in the past. If you all turn out to be using the same, that's a dead give-away where the problem is.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your audio card/port/system. Contact your audio hardware manufacturer for their latest software drivers, install them, and let us know if that changes anything. I'd expect that at least one of you would find the audio back in sync.

There are two Tools menu commands you can try adjusting. They are not directly designed to skew the recorded audio to the music, but they "might" affect it. They are both at the bottom of the Tools menu that pops up. Adjust one at a time and see if they have any affect.
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM

ADMIN, this is way out there, but could the hard disc access time somehow be coming into play in these rare instances?

Can't find anything definative, but reading up on access times makes me wonder. Don't know if that's even a remote possibility.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; January 7th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old January 8th, 2008, 10:57 AM

admin
thanks for replying i understand you have ten of thousands customers , but there is no where to go but to you,to try and repair the problem. as i told you before i have the small form shuddle that i bought from microstudio and am happy with the product . there is a onboard sound ,i have updated
everything.i haven"t changed anything on my computor.i have tried a new sound card same thing. c-media ac97 audio device is whats in my computor .i have windows xp pro-version service pack 2 int pentium 4cpu 2.4 ghz 1.00 gb of ram.i have roxio installed as well. anything i record not using microstudio and playback with roxio or c-media player and microstudio there is no problem the problem only starts when i use microstudio to record it will not play back proper.i surely like what i have i have been with microstudio for a long time and have keep my udates on your products that i bought from computor to software .the builtin sound card that came with the computor from microstudio is it not good enough to handle the new versions of microstudio. in closing i can understand that there can be a problem at times with software and in this case it sure looks that way. to me if everything else works fine except when you record on microstudio,? my mike is in a yamaha mg12/4fx mixer that i have used for the last three years ,again take this in mine there is no problem using microstudio for singing only, it is only when you record.
thankyou i hope this helps .

bob
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM
VIP

I just have a basic mike plugged into the back of the computer's mic in. And a basic set of speakers plugged into the back in the speaker out jack. A basic inboard sound card that plays files well with other recording programs.

I use Microstudio 4.003 and didn't notice it till just recently.

Like I said, I record segments, play back to see how I sound, then usually delete afterwards, but there is a delay there somewhere?

Old January 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
ADMIN, this is way out there, but could the hard disc access time somehow be coming into play in these rare instances?

Can't find anything definative, but reading up on access times makes me wonder. Don't know if that's even a remote possibility.
No.Not a factor at all. The audio is already mixed with written to the drive as a Temp file, and later as a .wav file the user names to keep that recording.
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrog View Post
I'm at a loss here. Are you saying you have recorded backup singers, singing to the music? If that is what I am to understand, then yes, their voice was recorded on Microstudio against the music playing. They could be out of sync.

However, if you are saying a song with backup vocals within, that they play back out of sync, I don't see how that's possible. These singers are mixed into the master music file... they ARE the same file. There is no way they can get out of sync, even if you had Vogone Lite enabled to try to remove vocals, they can't get out of sync.
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
admin
thanks for replying i understand you have ten of thousands customers , but there is no where to go but to you,to try and repair the problem. as i told you before i have the small form shuddle that i bought from microstudio and am happy with the product . there is a onboard sound ,i have updated
everything.i haven"t changed anything on my computor.i have tried a new sound card same thing. c-media ac97 audio device is whats in my computor .i have windows xp pro-version service pack 2 int pentium 4cpu 2.4 ghz 1.00 gb of ram.i have roxio installed as well. anything i record not using microstudio and playback with roxio or c-media player and microstudio there is no problem the problem only starts when i use microstudio to record it will not play back proper.i surely like what i have i have been with microstudio for a long time and have keep my udates on your products that i bought from computor to software .the builtin sound card that came with the computor from microstudio is it not good enough to handle the new versions of microstudio. in closing i can understand that there can be a problem at times with software and in this case it sure looks that way. to me if everything else works fine except when you record on microstudio,? my mike is in a yamaha mg12/4fx mixer that i have used for the last three years ,again take this in mine there is no problem using microstudio for singing only, it is only when you record.
thankyou i hope this helps .
bob
Bob, didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I guess you don't know my answer "language" well enough. I'm saying, I'm stunned that only 4 are reporting this problem. If it is Microstudio's problem, and after our meeting I'm thinking it may be, then why haven't more users reported this? I would think the complaints would be coming over the housetops at us!

Well, maybe you 4 are the tip of the iceberg and our Titanic is about to need a repair...

This code was engineered and tested by the same person. He normally is very through, but this was his last project before leaving contracting for MTU for a full time University job (he has an MS in Computer Science, specializing in music).

We're working on a quick Microstudio 4.006 upgrade, and I've added this recording out of sync problem to the list to research. If we can duplicate the problem, we can fix it... and it sounds like it may not be much to duplicate it from what you folks are posting here.

More later this week...