MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:23 AM

Need education on runnung KHP V4.8

I don't know what happened it was working, but in KHPro, except for what is on the menu bar, File, Edit etc. I cannot find any way to get around in it but to click "Find" and load a .wav file, then "Run KHPro" or "Help".
When I click Run KHPro, the song plays. That is not what I want. I want to edit or change the lyrics to make a new CDG song. I see no way to do this.
Could it be something to do with the code that MTU has put in it to run?? For my version I don't need an ethernen conn. Although I have one that has been activated by MTU.
I will be away over the weekend, but please, will someone post some help so I can work on it when I get back .
Thank you.
P.S.
Keywrite and Vogone are the same as KHPro. Same results.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM

Are you referring to the Tabs in Microstudio that show KPro, Keyrite and Vogone? If so, then this is your problem. You can't open the .wav file in these programs. What you must do is link this path to the folder of the .exe for each of the programs. For example Karaoke Home Producer or KPro should be as follows:
C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\KHP\KHP.exe. If this is set up correctly, then when you click the Run button on this tab, it would then open your Karaoke Home Producer.

This is seperate from the purchase of Microstudio, so if you have not purchased anything but the Microstudio, then you won't have these programs. If you purchased Suite4 then you will have all of the programs.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:50 AM

Thank you Bryan

I have purchased Suite4 complete with MTU's laptop. that they setup for me.
I will do just that. My files give this location:
C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\KaraokePro\KPro.exe
I tried and it gives me a
System error #1 Contact MTU

I read this post
NOTE! "System Error #1" message causes and solutions
Is this the cause, and how do I fix it?

Last edited by jdavia; April 23rd, 2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:17 PM

JDAVIA said:
Quote:
I want to edit or change the lyrics to make a new CDG song. I see no way to do this.
You can't just open a cdg track that has been imported to the hard drive with Microstudio and edit the lyrics. You're right, there is no way to do this.

First you import the music as a .WAV file using Microstudio, then get your lyrics typed in and set up using either notepad or wordpad. You could do the lyrics in the KHP program if you'd prefer.

You then have to open KHP and start fresh by setting up the title, text, and lyrics page page settings; then import the music and import the lyrics which you have already prepared, and then create a new track. You can save your work as you go along.

Detailed instructions are in the manual.

Hope this helps.

George

Last edited by George; April 23rd, 2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:24 PM

George, thank you for the reply.
Without making a quote of it,I gather you didn't read my question in full, or was stuck on thinking I tried to import a CDG instead of a WAV.

This is what I said, "I cannot find any way to get around in it but to click "Find" and load a .wav file, then "Run KHPro" or "Help".

The manual doesn't help me at this point. I need assistance from MTU Support. Bryan will you please follow up on my last reply. Thanks
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:31 PM

I read the whole post. Bryan answered part of your post.

You also said what I quoted. I responded to that part.

Take care,

George
Old April 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Need more info

EDITED BY ADMIN: Forgive my not fully reading your post under MTUSUPPORT. You have given us the error message you are seeing. MTUSUPPORT should answer on Monday.
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:48 AM

Email has been sent to customer.
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:33 AM

Thanks for the prompt service

I am up and running again, and I was successful in making my first Karaoke CDG. Title, lyrics, images, and a credits page.
I thought it would be hard. but soon found it to be very easy.

Thanks Bryan, for your quick response, and thanks to the MTU team for making a friendly, and to the point program.

Last edited by jdavia; April 27th, 2004 at 01:43 AM.