MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 14th, 2002, 05:46 PM

Question Anyone Have success copying Sound Choice Media Clog cd+g's?

I recently purchased a Sony CRX 140E to try to make copies of these disks. I previously had two Yamaha burners(4x and 8x) and a Plextor 1610. Neither of the Yamahas or the Plextor would read the new cd+g's. The Sony appeared to rip some of the tracks but not all. Since the Sony appeared to read the cd I tried other programs to copy the cd. Well Clone copied the disk - protection and all! I was then able to use the new cd to rip the remaining songs i missed the first time with MicroStudio. Anyway I was able to get a complete copy of this CD (8731) that can be read by any cd+g capable cdrw. If anyone else has success stories please post them. Thanks.
Old February 18th, 2002, 03:38 PM

Ripping Media Clog Disks

I wrote Sound Choice about using Media Cloq and told them that I have well over $12,000 dollars in Sound Choice materials for my show and if they continue to use Media Cloq I will resort to another company's material. I don't need Sound Choice to have a quality Show. They responded with that they had started using the copy protection in September of 2001 on the Spotlight Series, and had used it on a few of the other discs in the other series like Power Picks and Star Series but have ceased using it on anything except the spotlight series. I would suggest that everyone e-mail Sound Choice to the same effect. Hit them where it counts, hit them at the bottom line... Don't Buy Sound Choice until they stop using copy protection. If Sound Choice were to offer a replacement disk for a scratched or damaged disk for the return of the old and cost of shipping that would be fine but they don't. So I make one copy of each disk and save the original for future burns so I don't damage the original disk.

Party Tyme Karaoke & DJ Entertainment.
Old February 18th, 2002, 11:35 PM

Actually, I have seen only a couple of postings about the MediaCloq protection and how to go around it. I've not tried it for myself yet due to lack of software.

I will be contacting them shortly as I too have a sizeable investment in discs..and it's growing!
Old February 19th, 2002, 12:36 AM

Haven't tried it myself as I quit buying Sound Choice as soon as I heard about MediaClog, and I emailed Sound Choice and told them I'd bought my last one of theirs. I told them I refuse to buy anything I can't back up. Anyway as I recall I saw a post on the forum that a copy can be made using custom assembly tab in Microstudio and selecting the tracks one at a time, all except the bugged track. Whoever made the post indicated it was an extra track. Won't swear that it works, as have never tried it. Thought about buying one just to test the theory, but hated to give them even one more dollar.

Take care,

George
Old February 22nd, 2002, 04:57 PM

Thumbs up Microstudio can backup MediaCloq protected discs

This is my first post in this type of open forum - but I figured I would share what I have accomplished with using Microstudio. I use a plextor cd-rom drive as my reader and a yamaha drive as my recorder. Admin Note: The "magic" seems to be in the SCSI Plextor CDROM drive that can read the MediaCloq protected discs. MTU's certified CD Burners can be used in place of the Yamaha drive for writing the new disc.

I have succesfully copied every Sound Choice spotlights disc with the mediaclog protection on it.

I have used the Import Tracks Tab to bring in each track numbered 1-14. I have then used the following technique for track number 15.

I allow Microstudio to begin loading the 15th track onto my hard drive. After about a minute or two Microstudio will come to a point where it can longer read any more info on the disc because of the mediacloq portection. At this point, I simply hit the eject button on my cdr drive. This causes Microstudio to end the current operation, but it still stores the cdg track info in its entirety on my hard drive!

I then simply add track 15 from my hard drive as the last song in the Custom Assmebly Tab project. Then, I write a new CDG disc. Each one has been perfect and I can then duplicate these for backup purposes (of course!). Hope this little bit of info helps anyone else who's had similar problems.

Also I would like to say that this Microstudio program is by far the best of any type I have ever used. Thanks for making a great easy to use product.

Thanks, Nickie K.
Old March 9th, 2002, 10:40 PM

Wink

The HP 8200 HAS NO PROBLEM BACKING UP THE NEW SOUND CHOICE DISKS WITH MEDIA CLOG JUST ELIMINATE THE 16 TRACK.THE BACKUP WILL PLAY IN A PIONEER 555 YET the ORIGINAL WILL ONLY PLAY THE GRAPHICS. THAT LEAVES ME NO CHOICE BUT TO BACK THEM UP.WHY DO THEY EVEN BOTHER WITH COPY GUARD THERE'S ALWAYS AWAY AROUND IT.
Old March 17th, 2002, 05:51 PM

Just one note anout soundchoice. I have sucessfully backed up a sc disc with that protection crap. Just import the first 15 tracks, then custom assemble them and walla! you have a non-copyrighted sc disc!
Old March 18th, 2002, 04:38 PM

mediaclog

Have decided (reluctantly) to purchase some SoundChoice mediaclog discs. Have tried to copy these discs, but seems my burner will not even recognize the tracks. I have successfully backed up the over 400 SC discs I own, but no luck here. I am using Microstudio, a PlexWriter 12/10/32s, windows ME, and keep getting the error message "unable to read AUDIO sectors 0 to 25 on device 1:4:0, illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 64h 00h" upon selecting any type of read command for the drive. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old March 18th, 2002, 04:50 PM

Unhappy

This was the same problem I had with my Plextor 16/10/40. My Yamaha 8/4/24 also did the same thing. I purchased a Sony and it would start to rip the tracks but would skip a few. I guess it all depends on the cd burner.
Old April 1st, 2002, 10:16 PM

Sound Choice Protection Media Clog

Quote:
Originally posted by DJNickieK
Hope this little bit of info helps anyone else who's had similar problems. Also I would like to say that this Microstudio program is by far the best of any type I have ever used. Thanks for making a great easy to use product.
Thanks, Nickie K.
Yepper,
Worked exactly like you said it would! I imported 1-14, then 15 and sure enough the little progress bar quit movin! Hit eject, and got an error message...went to custom assembly and selected all the tracks and bam! worked like a dream. It's so easy to get around, why do they bother in the first place? Thanks Nickie K.

Old April 2nd, 2002, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up

Glad that my post there helped you out !!!!!

DJNICKIEK
Old April 3rd, 2002, 11:39 AM

Jumpmaster, What hardware did you use??
Old April 17th, 2002, 12:11 PM

Question

OK, tried the method of importing all tracks but last one, then ejecting during last track. Before I could read the first track I got an

Error: unable to read audio sectors 0 to 25 on device1:1:0 Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 64h 00h).

I'm using a plextor 1610A and Microstudio version 2.312. So what am I doing wrong?? the disc was sc2324.
HELP HELP HELP

Last edited by jim in ohio; April 22nd, 2002 at 03:52 PM.
Old April 17th, 2002, 04:26 PM

Unhappy

Jim,
This was the same problem I had with my 16/10/40a and so I purchased a Sony to read the MediaClog. I have since purchased two of the latest Spotlight series and they appear to no longer have the MediaClog but rather just a simple two session burn. Has ahyone else noticed this?
Old April 18th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by more4les
Jim,
This was the same problem I had with my 16/10/40a and so I purchased a Sony to read the MediaClog. I have since purchased two of the latest Spotlight series and they appear to no longer have the MediaClog but rather just a simple two session burn. Has ahyone else noticed this?
Not only noticed it also found an answer to that in a thread in the Jolt Forum's SOund Choice forum. They have stopped MEdiacloq untill they can get one that will play on DVD/CDG players although CAVS has a player that claims it can read the Mediacloq discs. I wonder if they are testing non Media Cloq discs on their player. I own 8715 and 8721 and both copied on my my computer and all I had to do is ignore the last trak period. No need to eject my drive's door. I use an HP 8100 internal IDE drive with MIcrostudio's Import tracks function.
Old April 19th, 2002, 09:02 AM

No luck at all with the SC CDG's with my Plextor 24/10/40U. It will not read any track no matter how I try to import it.

Mike
Old April 22nd, 2002, 03:07 PM

Lightbulb

OK George, I see threads telling how they can back up using the import tracks with the Plextors, then others telling how they get the Errors and won't let them import anything, is it the version of Micro Studio that is making the differience?? I am using 2.312 and it won't work for me.

I know Jumpmaster is using a Plex 2410, and he posted a thread telling how it worked for him.

OK time for a survey!!

For some of you that say it works using Plextors, what version of Micro Studio are you using??

Last edited by jim in ohio; April 22nd, 2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2002, 03:54 PM

Don't know why you're asking me. Read my post , I never said I used any of the methods that were submitted here in the forums or even tried to copy a SC with Media clog. All I did was refer inquiries to threads that came in claiming to do it. I took the simple and most effective road. I stopped buying SC the minute I heard about it, and haven't been stung. Instead of trying to find a way around it and continue to put money in SC's pockets I see the only effective method to be to not buy any of their discs and tell them so, which I did in an email. If everyone did that it wouldn't take long for them to change their posture. I Understand they are modifying their use of Media clog, and it's only going to be used in some series. Still not acceptable.

Can you imagine how many millions of cassette tape dubs have been made in all the years cassettes have been around? Doesn't seem to have hurt the music business one iota, and now these jokers come along and tell us we do not have the right to protect our investments from damage or poor manufacturing(which SC is also a leader in. Look at some of the forums at the major problems that are being experienced with SC products.) They refused to help any of those guys. They'll sell them replacements at full price.It's a rip off, and if we don't stop it now by hurting them financially and making an example of them you might as well get ready to retire your burners. You won't need them 'cause there won't be anything around to copy. Already hearing rumbles that that the day is looming over the horizon when Media Clog may be included in the burner itself. How about them apples?

My opinion, and with my opinion and pocket change you can get a soft drink almost anywhere.

George

Anyway to answer your query I have never tried to copy a SC with Media Clog. Can't help the survey.

Last edited by George; April 22nd, 2002 at 06:23 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2002, 04:08 PM

But I have many singers that request SC, and lets face it, for the most part they sound good, I mean the backup music and vocals are better than most on the market. I have tried many brands and carry many brand names in my four sets (520 discs per set), but the if the customer is requesting SC, I am going to buy them. But I do have four sets in the closet, I learned my lession about carrying original discs. I am not a hack, but I play off of back ups.
Old April 22nd, 2002, 04:36 PM

Jim, and all you KJ's

Fully appreciate your position, but if SC continues to enjoy income from a product you can't copy, the day will loom over the not too distant horizon when you'll be working off originals and replacing them as they get damaged. Won't SC love that? If SC gets away with this economically, then the industry will follow suite. Don't you think the others are playing "wait and see?"

Looks like the proverbial "rock and a hard place" where you guys and gals are concerned. Guess you're the only ones who can decide whether you want to take a nibble of the bitter fruit now by boycotting SC, or eat the whole thing later. You guys and gals are the ones in a position to hit them hard, not one disc at a time, like me, but in their bigger volume Foundation series sales.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; April 22nd, 2002 at 05:20 PM.