MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Question Driver update for Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A

I bought a new drive from MTUand it was a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A. While trying to find updated drivers on the net, it said the drive was made by NEC SONY. Both NEC and SONY don't show this drive in their driver upgrades.
So where do I go for driver upgrades. Drivers installed are dated 2004.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNevada View Post
I bought a new drive from MTUand it was a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A. While trying to find updated drivers on the net, it said the drive was made by NEC SONY. Both NEC and SONY don't show this drive in their driver upgrades.
So where do I go for driver upgrades. Drivers installed are dated 2004.
I just purchased an MTU cerified drive. On the drive it is marked as a Sony/NEC AD-7190A 1.05. It installed just fine with no new drivers so I have not looked for drivres or firmware.

If your drive is working correctly, there would be no need to get another driver. They may not be available because they are not needed,

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Administrator

All you should need is your new Microstudio 4.006 to run with this drive. Let us know if it doesn't work, and what you are doing that creates the problem and what the error messages are.

All should work normally, with 4.006. This new "super drive" is not supported by prior Microstudio versions before I believe 3.003 or 4.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM

Having the same problem. "Destination drive not Ready".

My new drive created about 13 or 14 disks and then I started ruining one disk after another. I always run the test before burning. The disk would show that the disk past the test and when I started the burn, within 2 minuets, the burn would error out and show the disk was no longer usable. I ruined some 26 or twenty seven new disks without one completed disk. I checked the forum and found nothing. I read something about having Roxio and and another type of program that could interfere with the system, got rid of them and re-installed MTU 14006a and still could not make a disk. I have been to Microsoft and went through both the Express and the Custom updates and nothing has worked. I don't know of anything else I can do. I sent a "HighjackThis" to an analyst and they checked all the items and could only say it must have something to do with the disk. I removed the two other burners I have in the computer and still nothing worked. When I move the songs to the recording side, some names have been shortened or missing.
It's the same with "Keyrite". I tried all that you have sent me to try and still it never stops running. I've changed the name tried for new programs from microsoft and haven't had any luck with that program. It worked well before the new upgrade and hasn't work since.

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 23rd, 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Are you using music quality disks?
Have you tried it without doing the test before burning?
How long are the names originally that are shortened? The maximum is only 63 characters (that includes spaces) and Microstudio will chop them off. Are the ones that don't show putting the disk over its set space? In Microstudio write window you have to set the disk type and size to match the type you are using so you can use all the space on them.

Have you submitted a Support Email Ticket to get direct help from MTU? There is an off chance the drive has failed or gotten mis-aligned.

For your Keyrite please post your problem with it in the Keyrite Help forum.
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM

Microstudio Burner

Yes, I have preformed all Items in you're reply to me. The burner worked very good for the first month and a half and then started ruining the 100 disks I purchased from MTU. I have a pile of some 27 disks that have been ruined trying to get one(1) disk completed. I deleted the program from the control panel and then reinstalled them. I have tried burning a disk without testing and it still created and error stating that the disk could not be used. I really don't know weather the Burner or software are at fault.
As far as keyrite, I had worked beautifully for some 250 songs that always had trouble with KJ's forget or didn't care about checking for the a change in song keys and replaced the key to Zero and now we're having no problems. When changing the key on all songs I use the first eight letters of the song and add a KC at the end denoting I've changed the key. I never made the new name as long or longer than the original. I did try to wait until the process went through the cycle at least three times and it would allow the song to be transposed with an error in the song itself. The whole process changed when we installed the update for Keyrite. That is every thing about the process that I can pass on. If you want, I can sent an attachment from the 'hackthis' program I have?
Yes, I will post the information on Keyrite to the proper forum!

Last edited by Vince Cravotta; December 24th, 2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Last minuet response.
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Vince I need some information beyond the model number.
Does this drive have a wide ribbon cable or a little narrow one attached?
Does the drive say "Lightscribe" on the front?

I will post the firmware link after you answer these and the model number questions. If you install the wrong one it could damage the drive. That is not to say your attempts with the wrong model numbers so far would have done anything since the program stopped itself when this was wrong.
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM

To: Dale Douglass 01/06/09 02:30PM Central time

Yes d.douglas,

The front of Burner with the tray states "Lightscribe" on the left side and on the right side a "compact Disk - rewritable logo & Ultra Speed" inscribed vertically along the logo. The Model number on this drive is listed as, are you ready for this; Optiarc DVD RW AD 7201A. It has two wide ide cables. One for the Hard Drives and one for the CD DVD Burnerd. Please don't ask me where the 7190 came from because I have no idea.
Please ask me to pick numbers for the lottery on my Computer but, I've never tried to pick a burner number in my life.
Old January 6th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

OK, then this is the correct link:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firm...x?DriveId=1584

Lets hope this fixes it, but I am not holding my breath.
Closed Thread