MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 18th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Continuing issue - Already on 2 computers message after replacing hard drive

Hello,

I purchased the MTU suite of products about 2 or 3 weeks ago. In installed them on both my desktop and my new laptop. Not long after I had started to load songs on my laptop, my hard drive started to have problems. I took it back since it was new and they ended up having to install a new hard drive. I then tried to reload the MTU software (microstudio) on it, and I got the message stating “ Our records show it has already been registered on 2 different computers”. I read where this can happen and what I should do. So I filled out the support form as specified with all the information requested. That was on August 13. It is now August 18. The problem continues even though the ticket says ‘Status Responded’. I appended today to the ticket that this problem is continuing we well.

I have read everything on your site concerning this; FAQs, information on the Support Trio, and also the link that is provided when you get the email response upon creating a support ticket. I had a good friend who has used MTU software for many years and he is very surprised that no one has chosen to reset the registration allowing me to install the software.

Please know that all I wanted to do was to be a happy and content user of the MTU software. But it seems that no one is responding and there is nothing more I can do from my end. I write this post with the hope that someone will read this and I can get a response and get this situation remedied. If nothing happens soon, I will have to assume that the software is unavailable for use and I will have to uninstall it from my desktop and have VISA reverse my payments to MTU. I do not want this and I do not believe MTU wants this either. I too would be very disappointed but I’m left with little else.

Any help would be very very much appreciated!

Sincerely,

William
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM

You've done the right thing. Your post here will help. MTU will get you going. Hard drive failure is a pian.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

I have flagged this for MTU to look at it. Please understand that MTU is only a small company with only one person providing the direct customer support and MTU does not work on the weekends. Did you get an automatic confirmation email after you submitted the ticket? If not then your email program or ISP is blocking MTU. Check your spam folder to see if you have any emails from MTU.
Next time if you are able to do it, un-install Hoster before taking the computer in for repairs and you will be able to re-install when you get it back.
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Thank you for responding Douglas.

Yes I did get the automatic confirmation email to my ticket.

I think doing the unistall first is a great idea.... but I have to admit that I had songs on there when I took it in and I didn't know that it would end up where I was going to have to replace the hard drive as a result of the problem I was experiencing (in fact, I've never had a hard drive do that and I've had computers for 25 years!). I guess I was thinking it might be something else other than the hard drive.. and certainly at the time, I didn't know I would have such implications

Thank you for responding as well Jim!

I certainly appreciate any help I can get.
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Who did you buy it from? I always ask that they save my data if possible before they replace a drive. Most will try to comply.
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Best buy. At the time, it was the only software on their besides the operation system. It was a toshiba HD..
I didn't have much music on it at the time as well so when I learned that it would need to be replaced, I didn't think much of it. I figured if I have a problem, its best to deal with it now rather than after I get a ton of data on there...

I upgraded to a higher speed, much larger cache and faster read rate Seagate. I didn't want to take a chance. I'm a vocalist and I'm using this for performing and I need the music to be there.
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

If this is a laptop I would recommend you add an external hard drive to your system to keep your music on so you won't have to re-import in the future. If it is a desktop add a second drive to it.
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Thanks Douglas! Beat ya to it!.. its sitting right here next to my desktop.. Several friends who've been using this software for many years said the same thing...

So I'm learning I guess... I just hope they can get this fixed soon.. I have a gig and I have alot of equipment I need to work with before then...
Old August 19th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Well, today is the 19th... the problem with the message about 'already registered on 2 different computers' still exists. I've been getting it everyday for a week now since I got my computer back with a new hard drive.

Everybody told me how easy this was to have corrected and it just stays there every day when I try it, like some horrible vision that will never go away. I'm so depressed about this...

I had such high hopes for being able to perform using this software... Doug did you find out anything? I don't know what to do...
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

The only thing I can do is flag it for them to look at. Wish I could help further. Right now they are very busy trying to get the new one out. Hopefully they will get to it soon.
Old August 19th, 2008, 08:22 PM

Bill,
Did you fill out a support ticket? (I feel you did) Did you get an email from MTU? Have you looked at the ticket since you filled it out?

In other words, if you have an open ticket with support they should be talking to you through the support board. If not...

If none of this is going on, you need to start a new support ticket.

MTU has to make this change on their end, there is nothing we can do, we're just Karaoke guys like you working at home. MTU wants you up and running, we'll get you there.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Douglas,

Thank you. I hope they do to. I have so much I need to do.

Jim,

Yes, I did fill out a support ticket and I've added addendums to it as well. I've been all over the site trying to find any information I can to try to get this resolved... the only thing they did was mark the status on the ticket as 'Responded' and yet there is no message anywhere and no obvious result (successful loading of software would be nice!). I've checked the support trio, but I don't see any info or acknowledgments anywhere.

I hope something can be done soon because I'm starting to get in a real bind..

Thank you for your support you guys. You've been very helpful and made me feel better!

Bill
Old August 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Did you check your Spam folder to see if there is something there. Should be from MTUSupport@MTU.com
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Hi Terry,

I actually have checked that... and there was nothing there. I do have a filter but everything from MTU, I appeared to recieve successfully (purchase reciept emails, ticket confirmations, password emails, etc).

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did get the software over multiple, separate purchases.

Thanks,
Bill
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:00 PM

Hi Douglas... see how rattled this has me... I had been working with a guy named Terri just before I wrote this note this morning...

I actually have checked that... and there was nothing there. I do have a filter but everything from MTU, I appeared to recieve successfully (purchase reciept emails, ticket confirmations, password emails, etc).

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I did get the software over multiple, separate purchases.

Thanks,

Bill
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM

As of today August 20th, still nothing. I cannot load any software. I checked everywhere. I filled out another ticket... I guess I could fill out another and send it to their sales department...
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:07 AM

Kutani,
I flagged MTU about your situation. They are bogged down with the release of 4.03 BUT they will get to you and sovle your problem. hang in there!

Why can't you load (install) the progarm?

Jim

P.S. Who is Terry?

Old August 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM

Thank you Jim,

I appreciate your help!

Terry?... LOL!!!! When I wrote that note, I had been working with a consultant at my office named Terry..... See what this has done to me?... LOL!!!!

Jim, you asked me the following in your last note:

Why can't you load (install) the progarm?

This is where I'm getting the message 'already registered on 2 different computers' when I try to install it. I got that for microstudio and for hoster.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thank you again,

Bill
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutani View Post

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thank you again,

Bill
Bill,
It does. MTU has to do a reset on their end.

Thanks for being patient.

Jim

Old August 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Bill,
I called Admin and he will get Bryan on it....probably tomorrow as they have already closed for the day.