MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 30th, 2004, 08:57 PM

Question USB 2

attrike,

Are you sure your Dell 8250 has a USB2 port or is it a 1.1?

Your problem is very strrrrrange but has to be resolved!!

regards
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM

Re: USB 2

Quote:
Originally posted by mlepine
attrike,

Are you sure your Dell 8250 has a USB2 port or is it a 1.1?

Your problem is very strrrrrange but has to be resolved!!

regards
mlepine,
It's definitely USB2; I've got 6 of them and I've even tried alternate ports to see if that was the problem. The Play function works great on my laptop with a USB1.1 port, so I don't think that's the problem.
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:50 AM

Ruling out cd-rom

QUOTE:

jahern,
I've only tried playing *.cdg files from my hard disk that I have imported from a CD-G via the import tracks function, and from tracks directly on the CD-G. I guess I bought the cheap version of Microstudio, since KHPRO is not installed on my computer (nor Kpro, keyrite, or vogone).

The reason I talked about cdg files created by KHPRO was to completely rule out your cd-rom as a problem. If you only play imported tracks and cd's then your cd-rom is a suspect (despite its pedigree)

Good Luck
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:53 PM

It's Working!

Well, I don't understand why, but the Microstudio Play function now works, but only when I have also opened up Adobe Pagemaker 6.5. If I close Pagemaker, it stops working; when I open it up again, it starts working! I've tried a slew of other applications but only Pagemaker seems to achieve this magic. Maybe Pagemaker is capturing some piece of RAM that Microstudio can't handle or some *.ddl is being activated. This is one I'm never going to figure out, but at least I have a workaround that now lets me use the Play function.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:05 PM

Attrike,
This makes no sense, but if it is working this way then you are probably correct about Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 stopping our Player from opening for some reason.

I am at a loss as to what would cause this to happen.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:58 PM

Attrike,

Have you tried downloading again and reinstalling REPAIR option. Maybe there's a partial glitch in one of the files.

George
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:24 PM

I have recently rebuilt my system unit from the ground up, with a nice new nvidia GeForce 5200 graphics card and I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried all the hints in this thread (thanx everyone!) but unfortunately they have made no difference. Just for info...

Windows XP Pro, with all current MS upgrades/patches
Plextor 708a, firmware revision 1.06
nVIDIA Personal Cinema FX5200-VT128 (ie 128Mb) with latest drivers from nvidia.com
Microstudio 2517, freshly downloaded and installed
DirectX 9
System is Athlon 1.4Ghz on Abit K7a-Raid m'board, 512Mb mem and shedloads of HDD space

I have tried to play from Sunfly and EK CDG disks, CDG files on my hard disk extracted from CDG (before the rebuild) from various manufacturers and CDG files I have created with KHPro 4.008 (again before the rebuild). None will play correctly.

BUT I can force the play to start!
1) Open Microstudio and select a track and press play
2) The display window opens with the initial title display and the music starts
3) I now select the 'safely remove hardware' icon from my taskbar and try to stop USB Mass Storage Device
4) This produces an error, but in the meantime the Microstudio Display has started (at a point well into the song)
5) The song will play until stopped or completed
6) If I start the song again or select another song it again stops at the title display

Another way to start the display, that sometimes works, is to press play, then click the mouse once in the track list box or twice on the 'frame' of Microstudio

I know this is long winded but this can't be an isolated problem but I hope there is enough info here for the techies among you to discover where the problem lies. Good luck!

Last edited by Soloscorpion; May 12th, 2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Honor Roll

attrike,

Have you tried reducing your hardware accelleration for you sound card ? I remember this sort of problem occuring back in v2.4 (i think) and if you reduced your sound card's hardware accelleration, it would correct the problem...

Here's how to do it:

Click Start -> Run

Type in DXDIAG

Once DXDIAG is opened, click on the Sound tab.

Reduce your accelleration from full to either Standard, or Basic.

Try playing the songs again and see if this has any effect...

Just a thought...

Flip
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:07 AM

Smile

YEE HAH!

Flipeoke,

Thank you! As I didn't upgrade my sound card (Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1) and it had worked without a problem before the re-build, I didn't expect it to be hardware acceleration for this device. It needed to be 'Basic' acceleration in this case.

I shall enrol again in 'Basic PC Troubleshooting 101'!!!

Jim
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Honor Roll

Glad to hear it helped...yeah I know, it doesn't make sence that the accelleration for you sound card would have anything to do with the video functioning properly, but, it does...

Flip

P.S.

Attrike,

You may have the same problem, even though you don't have a Sound Blaster card...try it and see if it helps...

Last edited by Flipeoke; May 15th, 2004 at 03:28 AM.