MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Sudden Problem With MicroStudio for no obvious reason...

OK, here is my situation. I have Microstudio on my home PC and an old show PC that was built by MTU. I generally burn my discs on my home PC, but the burner broke, so I have been relying on the old MTU PC to handle that chore for me. Got my files together and booted up the MTU PC, and opened Microstudio...compiled the custom burn files and put a CDR in the drive, and started the write process and got this message:

START DAO RECORDING command failed on device 1:0:0
DISC TYPE IS NOT SUPPORTED

Now, I have been burning discs recently, have made no changes to the PC...am using the same media I have been using, and tried a different disc, tried a different brand, and tried rebooting the PC...

I really need this to work. Anyone offer any suggestions as to what happened and why?

My drive is the MTU installed Plextor PX712A 1.03 and I am using Microstudio 2.612.

THANKS.
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoke View Post
OK, here is my situation. I have Microstudio on my home PC and an old show PC that was built by MTU. I generally burn my discs on my home PC, but the burner broke, so I have been relying on the old MTU PC to handle that chore for me. Got my files together and booted up the MTU PC, and opened Microstudio...compiled the custom burn files and put a CDR in the drive, and started the write process and got this message:

START DAO RECORDING command failed on device 1:0:0
DISC TYPE IS NOT SUPPORTED

Now, I have been burning discs recently, have made no changes to the PC...am using the same media I have been using, and tried a different disc, tried a different brand, and tried rebooting the PC...

I really need this to work. Anyone offer any suggestions as to what happened and why?

My drive is the MTU installed Plextor PX712A 1.03 and I am using Microstudio 2.612.

THANKS.
First thing I noticed is your Firmware for the 712 is way out of date. Plextor's latest for that drive is version 1.09, so you need to go to Plextor's web page and get the update.
Have you been doing the Microsoft Updates on this machine? If not you should update it for security and all the fixes they put out for XP. Be sure to go to their Update Page and do the "Custom" updates. Get all except the Hardware updates as these tend to be generic and usually wrong.
Do you have any other burning programs installed?
The next question is what have you installed or changed between when it worked and now?
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
First thing I noticed is your Firmware for the 712 is way out of date. Plextor's latest for that drive is version 1.09, so you need to go to Plextor's web page and get the update.
Have you been doing the Microsoft Updates on this machine? If not you should update it for security and all the fixes they put out for XP. Be sure to go to their Update Page and do the "Custom" updates. Get all except the Hardware updates as these tend to be generic and usually wrong.
Do you have any other burning programs installed?
The next question is what have you installed or changed between when it worked and now?
Excellent logic...was thinking that myself, BUT, the machine rarely if ever goes on the net...so in theory, not changing anything, nothing should have stopped working. I could fire it up and do those updates. When I go to the Plextor site, what verbage am I looking for...driver update or something like that??

As to additions...I added CloneCD, and possibly AudioGrabber recently. Maybe I may have to try uninstalling them. That may be the only change I made at all...
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Dale, I uninstalled CloneCD, tried and still did not work, so I upgraded the firmware to 1.09 on the Plextor, and it now appears to work. Thanks sir, you saved my butt tonight.
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Clone CD would not cause it or at least mine doesn't. Some of the burner programs will either create a virtual drive or lock your drive for their exclusive use.
Sounds to me like you need to Upgrade your Microstudio as well. There has been a lot of improvement since 2.6xx.
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Ya, I have 4.20 on the home PC, but my burner is kaput for now. Eventually I will probably abandon the PC I got from MTU and upgrade everything onto my next lappy once Windows 7 is released.

Thanks again Dale.
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoke View Post
Ya, I have 4.20 on the home PC, but my burner is kaput for now. Eventually I will probably abandon the PC I got from MTU and upgrade everything onto my next lappy once Windows 7 is released.

Thanks again Dale.
Hey Harry,
I see you are still kicking butt at Finn's every week. Regardless of whether you keep the MTU machine or get a new laptop, it would be smart to set it up with XP. Remember, if you decide to go with windows 7 you will be getting an operating sytem that is in it's infantcy. It seems Microsoft doesn't get a new operating sytem really stable until after a couple of service packs have been released. I think you will find that Admin and the long time Hoster users will agree with me on this point.

Keep On Rockin'

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200