MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM

MP3 and ID3 Tagging

Does MTU have a program that can unzip the mp3+cdg ZIP file, then ID3 TAG the mp3 file using the filename of the mp3 file?

Note the mp3 filename format example: "Album - Artist - Title".

I do not need to rezip the files because the media library uses the ID3 TAG which is not accessable from inside a zip file.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWalker View Post
Does MTU have a program that can unzip the mp3+cdg ZIP file, then ID3 TAG the mp3 file using the filename of the mp3 file?

Note the mp3 filename format example: "Album - Artist - Title".

I do not need to rezip the files because the media library uses the ID3 TAG which is not accessable from inside a zip file.
I am just a bit confused with what you are trying to do. The ID3 tag you are referring to is inside the MP3 file (a header if you will). If it is not present then no program that I know of will add that and certainly none from MTU.
What program are you trying to use these in?

Note: I am moving your post and this one to a new thread in the Singers and Hosts Wisdom section of the forums as it does not belong in Songverter New Features.
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I am just a bit confused with what you are trying to do. The ID3 tag you are referring to is inside the MP3 file (a header if you will). If it is not present then no program that I know of will add that and certainly none from MTU.
What program are you trying to use these in?

Note: I am moving your post and this one to a new thread in the Singers and Hosts Wisdom section of the forums as it does not belong in Songverter New Features.
I ask my question here because it appears that Songverter program can do what I need. However, I did not make it clear what I am doing so please let me try again.

1. I have 1000 zip files where each zip file contains a .cdg and .mp3 file.

2. I need a program to batch unzip all the zip files. This will result in a folder containing 1000 .cdg files and 1000 .mp3 files.

3. The filenames are in a format such as "Album-Track - Artist - Title.mp3". An example would be "SC8142-12 - Brooks & Dunn - Hard Workin' Man.mp3".
The program would parse the filename, then ID3 TAG the artist field with Brooks & Dunn and ID3 TAG the title field with Hard Workin' Man. The ID3 TAG on all the files is normally empty until this step is done.

WinAmp Media Library reads the ID3 TAGs and presents this information into columns for Title, Artist,..... Selecting a column will result in sorting that column alphabetically.

Songverter is an MTU program for sale that may or may not do all the above steps. Does Songverter do what I need?
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

No Songverter will not do all of that.
Songverter can unzip them, but does not fill in the ID3 Tag as none of the MTU programs use ID3 Tags.