MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM

tech question #infinty.....

I'm running Hoster with an Allen and Heath mixer and with the limited knowledge I have, was wondering how complicated it would be for me to record my singers at my venue. What's needed as far as equipment and is it relatively simple for someone as "musically challenged" as myself. Thanks!!!!!
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators66 View Post
I'm running Hoster with an Allen and Heath mixer and with the limited knowledge I have, was wondering how complicated it would be for me to record my singers at my venue. What's needed as far as equipment and is it relatively simple for someone as "musically challenged" as myself. Thanks!!!!!
i'm not sure if that's legal, caused of copy right laws, but i myself at home use a regular cd recorder (TDK) and you have to use a regular audio cd ( music cd, cd-r ) , connected to my mackie board, using the cd/tape in/out connections..
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

You can record your singers legally if they are singing from their own disc. You cannot record them from your karaoke songs because they don't own them. It is a bit complicated but that is the way the law is written in simplicity.
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
You can record your singers legally if they are singing from their own disc. You cannot record them from your karaoke songs because they don't own them. It is a bit complicated but that is the way the law is written in simplicity.

Dale,thanks for the explanation, i've been refusing to record my singers due to what i thought was illegal due to copy right laws, now i understand..that as long as they use their on cd that would be acceptable..thanks..
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:15 AM
VIP

Quote:
Not familiar with your mixer but somewhere theres probably a utility out or a auxillary out or tape out you can use to send a signal to a recording device.

Sam
Old January 26th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Try this little freebie:
http://www.audio-tool.net/audio_recorder_for_free.html

I am playing around with it myself right now. I have been recording singers for a couple of years now from line out from my mixing amp into a creative sound blaster card using it's own recording software on my XP system but the software wont load into my new Vista system, the actual sound blaster sound card still works. Anyway I found this little freebie and it works with my sound card only problem I am having at the moment is getting the recording level lower.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the info, The reason I even thought about recording was the **** Compuhost demo. Their software lets you record the singers and actually use them as filler between songs which I thought was pretty cool. It was probably the only thing I really found that I liked about Compuhost.
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the info, The reason I even thought about recording was the **** Compuhost demo. Their software lets you record the singers and actually use them as filler between songs which I thought was pretty cool. It was probably the only thing I really found that I liked about Compuhost.
Recording capability is slated for Hoster as well, that is after they get everything working correctly and stable.