MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Angry Unable to Import CDG's to My Hard Drive using Hoster!!

I am having trouble trying to import cdg's to my hard drive using hoster. After following the import instructions and go play them back on using Hoster, I get no graphics and just click click for audio. My super cdg zip files import and play back as supposed to but the my problem is importing my reg cdg's all chartbuster and etc store bought from the cdg's......What could be my problem...........Big Frank J...........Solid Gold Time Machine Karaoke
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

It seems to me that your disk drive is not capable of reading CD+g disks. I had exactly the same problem where I submitted this thread http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11169

If you click on the tools menu then from the drop down list click CD/DVD Drives you may be asked to remove any disks in drives, on pressing OK it should show any connected drives and in the column read Kara it would show yes or no. obviously if it shows no then that drive is incapable of reading CD+g disks. However as in my case it did show yes but I had the same symptoms as you. fortunately I had an external usb CD RW drive that also showed as read and that works properly. You may find if you go to the makers site for your CD player that there is an updated driver available then try this before purchasing an external hard drive. I'm sure some of the other forum members can recommend you an external drive that works but mine is no longer in the shops.
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
VIP

Unless it is a new problem that started, i'd agree that the cd/dvd drive isn't cdg compatible. S-cdg is already a computer format - I believe mp3g which is why it worked.
You may need to get a new drive. You might try updating all the drivers in the drive first.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB