MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM

Keywrite To Microstudio

Hi, I have successfully changed the key of a song and want to include it in my custom assembly in my Microstudio. When I try to add it to my project in Microstudio, I can find it on my hard drive but it will not transfer to the list of songs I am assembling. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old August 7th, 2005, 10:18 PM

One possibility would be that the proper button (KARAOKE CD+G or AUDIO CD) next to SELECT DISC FORMAT is not selected for the type of custom assembly you are making.

Another could be because the file that won't import is not of the same type as the project you're working on. You can't mix CDG and WAV files in a project.

Can't think of anything else at the moment that would prevent a file from importing into a custom assembly project.

George
Old August 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM

Hello George, Thanks for your input.

When I am in Keywrite I will import a song from my songlist and change the key to what I want, I'll preview it and it is in the selected key, It gives me the options of play or write file but not save file. I assumed it would save it with the changed key. I want to save the file in my songlist in the selected key so that I can make a custom assembly later with that song in the changed key. When I go to my songlist to that song, it is still in the original key! Why has'nt the song saved with the key change?
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:13 PM

After you've made the key change and clicked on STOP PREVIEW, you then click SELECT OUTPUT FILE.

Find the file you used as an input file, open it and it appears in the OUTPUT FILENAME BOX. Make a change in the name. Keyrite will not overwrite an existing file.

I usually add a -k to the name to denote a keyed file. For example if the song title was DREAM, and it was in a folder called SONGLIST on the C:\ drive, the input file would read:

C:\SONGLIST\DREAM.WAV

I would change that in the OUTPUT FILENAME BOX to read:

C:\SONGLIST\DREAM-K.WAV

Then click WRITE FILE

Answer YES at the prompt asking you if you wish to create a new file.

That's it. You should be able to find the new file along with the original file.

Hope this helps,

George
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM

A bug in microstudio?

I've noticed a couple of times that even when I've selected to import a cdg file that sometimes I will end up importing a wave file. I get frustrated when I think I have imported a cdg file and then microstudio can't "find" the file (until I tell it to look for wave)

This may be related to the "Keyrite" problem like this:
1. Microstudio mistakenly imports a wave file.
2. Keyrite, capable of changing key for both wave and cdg-without showing graphics, changes the key.
3. User naturally feels that they have processed a cdg, when they have processed a wave file.
4. Microstudio does not recognize the new file for purposes of custom assembly since it is a wave.

Working around the bug(?):

After my initial outburst (which generally involves dynamite!! )

I go back to my import tracks window and "refresh" the selection by clicking wave, then back to cdg. Microstudio should then import cdg files without exception.

I would advise all to configure windows explorer so that they can see the extensions (.wav, .cdg etc.) of the files to know when the problem has occurred.
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
After you've made the key change and clicked on STOP PREVIEW, you then click SELECT OUTPUT FILE.

Find the file you used as an input file, open it and it appears in the OUTPUT FILENAME BOX. Make a change in the name. Keyrite will not overwrite an existing file.

I usually add a -k to the name to denote a keyed file. For example if the song title was DREAM, and it was in a folder called SONGLIST on the C:\ drive, the input file would read:

C:\SONGLIST\DREAM.WAV

I would change that in the OUTPUT FILENAME BOX to read:

C:\SONGLIST\DREAM-K.WAV

Then click WRITE FILE

Answer YES at the prompt asking you if you wish to create a new file.

That's it. You should be able to find the new file along with the original file.

Hope this helps,

George
Hi George, That was a big help.

I assumed it would overwrite the file with the changed key. I went ahead and did what you suggested and it created a new file with the key change in my songlist!

The file with the original key is still there as well in the songlist which is fine too!

Thank you.

Bossard
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:57 PM

BOSSARD,

You're welcome...enjoy

George