MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 19th, 2001, 04:10 PM

Unhappy

I have purchased version 2.2.0.0 of Microstudio and keep getting an error WNASP132.DLL which I believe is because of the ASPI. The ASPI search results are as follows:-

WNASPI.DLL 1.00 (1) 6/8/100 36864
WINASPI.DLL 1.00 (65) 6/8/100 3536
APIX.vxd 4.00 (952) 6/8/100 29497
ASPIENUM.VXD N/A

However I cannot upgrade via the .exe file as I am running under Windows ME. It also says that ASPI is not properly installed and 1 or more components have been replaced with older versions.

I have a HP 9510i re-writer and also have a Adeptec CD package version 4 installed.

Please can you help!

ADMIN transfer of Alex's second thread to this thread

I have now sorted the ASPI problem. I now have a message saying that my ATAPI 52xmax CD-Rom does not read cd-g disks is there anything I can do? I have a HP9510i cd-writer which is fine to copy.

Alex
Old April 20th, 2001, 02:15 PM

ASPI Drivers For Windows 95/98/2000/ME

For application software like Microstudio, CD Creator, CDRWIN, etc. to control a CD-Recorder (IDE or SCSI) on a Windows PC computer, you need an ASPI driver. Since Microsoft's WNASPI32.DLL ASPI drivers that come with Windows9x CD-ROMs appear to have the same file date (they all show version 1.00), it is risky to use this to distinguish the version.

To check the ASPI drivers on your computer, run Adaptec’s ASPICHK software: ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspichk.exe This usually suggests you update your SCSI drivers with their latest version from: ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi32.exe This will replace all Adaptec ASPI drivers on your computer.

If you have a non-Adaptec SCSI host adapter card (or no SCSI card), the ASPI32.EXE program will refuse to update your WNASPI32.DLL driver. Those who to need the update most are refused it by Adaptec. Oddly, Microsoft does not get involved in this.

However, ASPI32.EXE only checks the presence of the SCSI port drivers for Adaptec hardware. Therefore, if you install the “drivers” for Adaptec’s host adapter, their software will do the upgrade.

Windows 95/98 allows installing a device driver whether or not you have the target hardware on your computer. Follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button - Control_Panel - Add_New_Hardware

2. When the "Add New Hardware Wizard" displays a device list for installation and asks for a selection, click: “No, the device isn't in the list” and click the Next button.

3. When the Wizard asks: “Do you want Windows to search for your new hardware?” click “No, I want to select the hardware from a list” and click the Next button.

4. In the “Hardware Types:” list, scroll down and select "SCSI Controller" and click the Next button.

5. In the next dialog that appears, for Manufacturer: select “Adaptec” and for Model: select "AHA-1510 SCSI Host Adapter" and click the Next button ( do not click the [Have Disk...] button). NOTE: After you have done through step 7 below, if the ASPI32.EXE program complains that an Adaptec SCSI Host is not found, do this again and select a different Model than AHA-1510; a Plug-and-play adapter has worked for some.

6. Proceed with the Next and Finish buttons to end the Wizard. This procedure copies a low-level Adaptec SCSI driver from the Win9x setup source.

7. Next, run ASPI32.EXE that should install the necessary SCSI-related ASPI drivers on your computer.

Once you have this done, Reboot the computer.

Thanks for giving us the chance to help you.