MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 14th, 2002, 07:53 PM

Unhappy Playing from Hard drive vs CDROM Drive

I have downloaded the Demo version of the Microstudio v 2:315 (demo) and have it installed on my XP system. When I import a track from a some of my CDG disks, i have noticed that they are unacceptable in the first few tracks, I figured this was because I was not using one of the ceritified drives (I have a Yamaha CRW3200E) howeve when I play from the CDrom the picture is perfect on all tracks. When I extract the songs to a *.cdg file and then play them, They are OK in the later tracks but not so in the earlier ones. I have checked ASPI, and other things with no luck, The cleanest copy I can get is when I set the speed at auto.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this, I am figuring that the best way I can make clean backups is to have 2 CDROM drives and go direct from CDROM to CDROM and not create image files

Alan
Old August 14th, 2002, 08:25 PM

Post Reason for the topic

The reason I posted it under this topic, is that as I see it, the CDrom reads the disk correctly, since when they are played from the CDrom the picture looks crisp and clean. But when they are played from the image file, they have distorted graphic in the first half of the CDrom and are ok in the second half.

Sound is ok in both.

I could send a copy of the 2 files taken off the same disk showing the different if anyone is interest.

Send email to alanbingham@hotmail.com if you would like to help me out with this.

Alan.
Old August 14th, 2002, 09:18 PM

Unhappy XP Problem

George!...MTU!...Somebody....HELP!!

Have taken the leap to XP PRO. Microstudio worked fine with 98 2nd ed. Not so since I upgraded. Cannot find the the exact post to tell me what to do. I am using the current issue of Microstudio. I believe I'm going to like this XP; but got to get my MTU back up and running. Appreciate any help.

Kelly
Old August 19th, 2002, 11:18 PM

SUPPORT

I am still trying to find a solution to this problem. I have tried to explain the problem I am having with image making protion of the software, I am convenced that the reader can read the disks correctly because they play correctly when played from the CD drive.

Is there software that is not part of the Microstudio that is used to create the graphics part of that image file? does that software need to be upgraded or reinstalled on my XP home system?

I had a problem earlier this year with pictures and had to reinstall microsoft Picture it 2002. could this program also cause problems with the creation of image files?

Alan
Old August 23rd, 2002, 04:20 PM

This problem is due to the CD-R drive being a Yamaha 3200. These drives will not copy the Karoake Graphics correctly.
Old October 28th, 2002, 08:09 PM

yamaha 3200e

I also have a Yamaha 3200E and experienced the same problem, after I updated my DirectX to ver 8.1, my quality problems cleared up. The only problem I have now is after duplicating several disc's my computer resources get low as if the buffer is not emptying itself out, and then I have to reboot my system to continue duplicating disc. I am still trying to solve that problem.
Old October 29th, 2002, 12:49 PM

Alan, and cntrydave, here is the link to the list or supported drives:

http://www.mtu.com/support/cdr-ide-drives.htm

It sounds like cntrydave just lucked upon a drive that does a correct read and write, but not the norm for that drive.

Jim
Old October 29th, 2002, 12:53 PM

kedmison

In reply to your problem with XP, try the drivers at this link:

http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstu...idrivers16.exe

Jim
Old October 30th, 2002, 10:12 AM

Thanks, I have downloaded these drivers and will install them. I hope this works.