MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 24th, 2002, 05:39 PM

Unhappy Recent upgrades cause Miceostudion problems

I recently downloaded microstudio 2.315 upgrade, installed it, then imported about 1000 CD+G tunes to my hard drive. I used microstudio for a few gigs, and it worked fine.

Last week, I downloaded DirectX version 8.1, and installed it. I then replaced my old s3 Graphics 3D 8M viedo card with a Radeon 7500 AGP 64M viedo card. The card appeared to be a great addition. However, while preparing for a karaoke gig, I noticed something strange. When I play any of the previouly imported tunes, the lyrics are partially cut off at the bottom of the screen. Each display does the same.

I noticed that the CD=Gs I import now, after the upgrades, work perfectly.

My problem. I certainly do not want to have to import all those CD+Gs again. Is there any thing I can do to make the 1000 CD+Gs I have already imported to work, correctly? I have even though about going back to the S3 card in hopes that will work. I would prefer not to have to do that, because I really like my Radeon 7500.

Please help.

Thanks,

Al Lively
Old October 29th, 2002, 05:17 PM

Al,
The only thing that I can think of is if you can put some of these songs onto a CD as data files. Use a program such as Roxio EZ CD Creator or Nero to do this and then send me a CD with the files on the disc with the .cdg extensions. Please give me some files that do work correctly on your system and some that don't work on your system. This way we have both from you, and I can get the engineer to take a look at this. I have never heard of this problem before.

Please send this to me at:

MTU
Attention: Bryan
6900 Six Forks road
Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27616
USA