MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:34 AM

Question Most SC Mediaclog Track Import. Some Will Not?

I am very satisfied with Microstudio 2.314 - this is search for information and definitely is not a complaint.

A few weeks ago using a HP 9100 series CD reader and Microstudio backed up lots of pre-mediaclog disks to hard drives. Import of all tracks to hard drive was possible for most disks. In fact some very damaged disks imported all tracks, but as expected the graphics quality was poor.

Had problems with a few pre-mediaclog disks and tracks that were similar to problems with post-mediaclog disks listed below. Four or five pre-mediaclog disks did not backup all tracks and the process was very slow. Regrettably I needed hard drive space for new disks before use so deleted the files for older disk with missing tracks and do not remember which disks were a problem.

So far the tracks listed below did not import to hard drive. 8703-6&11, 8706-12&14, 8708-4&12, 8709-9&11, 8710-2, 8711-6, 8712-7, 8713- 8-13&15, 8720-6-7&8, 8723-8, 8724-7-8&11, 8728-11, 8729-9, 8730-2, 8731-2-9&12 8715-10 8734-2,7&14 The disks were new.

Unlike other disks the read process was very slow for the above listed disks but tracks not mentioned above eventually copied to hard drive. In addition, the above disk took about 60 minuets or more per disk. Usually not interested in making copies of disks however a test by making a clone copy first did not increase success and there was a loss of quality for all tracks. By the way the “time champion disk” took six hours but all tracks imported.

Are the disks listed above the most difficult to import for everyone or just for me?
Will a different CD reader work for the above tracks? A different reader will be okay for a Hoster dedicated computer but would not buy just to fill in the few gaps.
Has anyone had success with the above tracks and problems with disk that were okay for me? Can something other than mediaclog be the basis for problems?

I can live with slow at this point as most of my work is finished. I can also live with my successes so far. To late not to buy - I have about 550 SC disk now (And about 100 various expensive Frisbees). This in a rock and hard place dilemma. Customers will not be pleased with other brands. SC is the Microstudio of the disks. I cannot support the companies that produce most other brands of disk. If they want my business they need to dramatically improve their quality. (Except a couple of brands with limited selections)

Waiting for hoster.

Last edited by Albert; June 2nd, 2002 at 12:59 AM.
Old June 18th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Wink You're lucky you got that many!

This is a very interesting post. Thank you for the information it contains.

As to speed, quality, etc., the fact you were able to read the Mediacloq discs at all should be a very welcome surprise.

Your HP9100 must have been built before the drive manufacturers started including MedicCloq protection hardware in their drives.

Wy did it read at all... much less why it was slow? My guess is that the Mediacloq encoding on the disc had something to do with this.
Old June 19th, 2002, 07:50 PM

Question Is your HP a Sony??

Actually the HP 8100 and HP 9100 are the two burners that do good with Media Cloq, but the trick is that the Hp 8100 was built by Sony and is the same as the Sony CRX100, the HP 9100 was built by more than one manufacturer, Sony made some that work based on the Sony CRX140E, and some were made by other manufacturers that won't do Media Cloq, but all sold as HP9100.

So you can have a HP9100 that won't do Media Cloq.

Go to Ebay and find a Sony CRX140E for about $40 and you got it whiped.
Old June 21st, 2002, 12:25 AM

Admin and Jim in Ohio. Thanks.

Admin and Jim in Ohio

Admin - Thanks for your comments. My post does not reflect the magnitude of success.

Jim
Thank you for the very good information Jim.

I omitted the fact that I own about 95% or more of the disk from 8650 to 8758 and have near 300 Gig of hard drive. With another 80 Gig drive ready to install. May take the load off my power supply and buy a USB 2 enclosure for that drive instead if Hoster will work from USB 2.