MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 17th, 2005, 04:56 AM

Can't test write in Microstudio2.611 using new Plextor PX-716UF

Hmm, where to start..lol.. I just bought the new External Plextor PX-716UF and the MTU Suite4 just a couple of days ago.. Installed all the software and upgraded the Firmware driver for my new Plextor (using my ebox in Plextor) After updating the firmware it changed the name of my Plextor to Plextor PX-716A ? I double checked to make sure i downloaded the right driver,I downloaded the correct one according to their listing.
I also purchased the suggested MTU media for burning on this drive.
The Problem i'm having is;
When i try to test write to CD in Microsstudio2.611 it gives me the Error:
"Start DAO recording"Command failed on device 3:0:0. Disc type not supported.
I've tried everything i could think of to try to remedy this problem.
I've read most of the threads that deal with this issue and I have tried all the suggestions posted, but to no avail.
Here is what i've tried so far,
Newest firmware upgrade from Plextor.
Tried the MTU atapi driver version 1.20
Turned down and even turned off, Sound hardware acceleration in DxDiag.
Shut down all CD/DVD burning programs that started at boot up.(sonic Record Now, Clonyxxl,Alcohol,PowerDVD, and even Roxio.)
Turned off Alcohol from starting at startup and Ejected the virtual drive.
Turned off Musicmatch from starting at boot.
Tried a Selective start up closing down most programs.
Tried a Diagnostic startup.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microstudio2.611
Tried Deleting the Plextor through Device manager and reinstalling the drive and driver.
Tried a different MTU media disc and even tried a different brand media(Verbatim CD-R).
Tried slowing the speed setting down in Microstudio.
The Burner IS recognized in Microstudio and does say yes to Karaoke and Audio.
Hmm..i think that's all i've tried... although i have not tried shooting the dang thing..hehehe
(I am attatching my DxDiag and my Computer specs to this post.)
I know my way around the PC pretty well....Even thought i knew more than a Tech support person once..LOL. But this has definitely got me puzzled.
Any Guru's out there with a magic wand?
Also, if i can't get this corrected, how do i go about returning the Writer for a refund? (gonna be a pain ,and costly,since i live in Alaska.Had to pay $50 for S&H to ship here....ouch)
aklarry
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:03 AM

"Error: 'Start DAO Recording' command failed on device 3:0:0 Disc type is not supported.

ANALYSIS: This occurs with any of the DVD-/+R drives. This includes the Plextor PX-W708, PX-W712 Px-W716 DVD Recorder Models. Some users have seen this when installing some Printer software drivers.

SOLUTION: Remove Roxio EZ CD Creator 6 and Nero 6 or any other Burning program from starting at boot. Most of the time you can go into the programs settings and turn off the option to start the program at Windows Startup. These programs are known to cause this error."

This was copied from the FAQ section and is generally the solution. I saw where you turned Roxio off, tried selective start up. That should have done it.

You may try installing all the windows updates, if you haven't already done so, and going to the Plextor site and installing any available drivers for that burner.

George

Last edited by George; August 17th, 2005 at 06:11 AM.
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM

Exclamation Update

I Updated everything in Windows Update, and also I previously updated Plextor's Firmware to 1.08 . There isn't any newer Firmware Updates available.
I can successfully use Microstudio2.611 to copy my CDG to my Hard Drive and Play back the CDG's from my HD...everything seems to be okay with that part. The Audio and video(text) play back fine. Microstudio just won't let me write or test write to CD (CD-R from MTU) I also tried Verbatims just in case, but to no avail.
I still get the same error message "Start DAO Recording"Command Failed on device 3:0:0. Disc Type not supported.
I tried msconfig and deselected everything i could think of that might cause a problem at startup. Even tried a Diagnostic Start up, as stated in original post.
Can anyone see anything i may be not trying?
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Post Re: Can't test write with Microstudio2.611

Just a quick note....I'm going on vacation for about 7 or 8 days, Hope i get some replies to read when i return.
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:39 PM

The only thing that will cause this error is something that is booting up on your system when Windows Starts. You must then Find out what this is by using MSCONFIG and then Disable it, this is the only way to make it work.

I had this same problem on my laptop that I use all the time, it took me about 2 months to get my fixed. My problem was Printer Software that was loaded with our Network Printer. Once I disabled this from booting when Windows Started, it works fine now. Now if I open Music Match, Nero, EZ CD Creator or any other software and use that, I will have to reboot before I can write a disc in Microstudio again without the error.
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM

Exclamation No Luck

Hello again,
I tried a Diagnostic Start up Through MSCONFIG with a Safe Boot, This only loads the files needed for the Operating system to work and nothing else.
I also turned the speed down to 4x in MicroStudio
MicroStudio still gives me the same error, therofore i can't test write or write to a CD.??????
I bought the burner that was recommended and sold by MTU.
The Plextor PX-716UF (external) and bought the MTU
This set up was supposed to be guaranteed to work if bought from MTU.
But all i've got so far is a challenge to try to make it work. Needless to say, I'm getting my butt kicked because nothing has worked thus far. I'd like to think that i am pretty knowledgable in computers, but this program is making me feel like a newbie.
I still could use the help of some magical Guru that might be able to help me with this problem! But please read through the posts so that you know what i've already tried.
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:23 PM

(deleted)

No solution just an observation. I have received the same error and also when I tried using (deleted).......same burner (upgraded to firmware 1.09). have tried every step you tried...when I addressed the problem to MTU tech support, they went through all the steps you used to no avail..and finally suggested I post problem to the forum...as I can see no solution. to burn, extract and play cd+g file I went with an alternate software (that works) I sugeest you do a search for cd+g programs and find the (deleted)

Last edited by George; January 16th, 2006 at 10:00 PM. Reason: deleted competitive references