MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 28th, 2003, 05:44 PM

Angry File not found when installing version 2.400

When I tried to install Microstudio v 2.400, I expected to get the un-install question for my previous version- as indicated by the instructions. I didn't. The program finished the installation-but wasn't there. My previous version of 2.311 was still there-but 2.400 was nowhere to be found. After several attempts-all with the same results, I went to the Control Panel and tried to remove version 2.311 that way. No way would 2.311 dissappear ! Same problem somebody else had. He solved it-but wasn't sure how he did it.

Then, using Windows Explorer, I located and removed every single Microstudio element I could find. That finally got rid of version 2.311.

I then attempted to install version 2.400 and got the error message '1311-file not found- C:\temp\_is332Data 1.cab'. Every time I tried to install, I got the SAME error message with a DIFFERENT file not found. Instead of 332, I've gotten, 3055,390,1280,2155,3004,3284 and 8131. Thinking that I may have eliminated an important file, I checked the recycle bin for any of these files and none could be found.

When I then click on 'finish', I get another error '1603-error occurred during the move data process'.

I've tried deleting all microstudio files in the edit box of 'REGEDIT' as suggested in another thread.

I then downloaded version 2.400 again thinking that perhaps a downloaded file was erased. No help-all I succeeded in doing was using up most of my 8 downloads for that link.

I even tried installing version 2.400 on another computer which has NEVER had microstudio on it-and I get error messages. Different-but error messages just the same.

I have no trouble re-installing version 2.311-but cannot get version 2.400 to cooperate!

Any help would be appreciated.

Al North
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:11 AM

Alan,
This problem is due to the Installshield. It sounds that something on your system has been coruppted in the registry. There are 2 ways to fix this. Reformat this computer and completely reinstall Windows or go through the Registry if you are comfortable doing this, searching for Microstudio and deleting all entries for it.

These are the only two ways that I know of, and the registry may or may not work correctly. I have had one client that did this and it did work for them, so it is worth a try.
Old January 29th, 2003, 12:37 PM

Angry Can't install version 2.400

Bryan,

As mentioned in my original note, I did try to eliminate all references to Microstudio in the registry. I just tried it again after reading your not.

I still can't install 2.400; I get the same error messages I got before.

Reformatting my hard drive doesn't appear to be a viable alternative. Guess I'm stuck with my old version.
Old January 29th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Frequent Member

Alan..........

Try this.....go to this website:

http://www.codebytes.com/

Click on Sample Code and Download the Free Utility "RegFind"

Under Options, select "Search Hives" and check all six.

Next put in MicroStudio and search.....This will find all entries for MicroStudio In the Registry......Note Also Search MTU.

While keeping this program Open ......Open Regedit and find every entry that RegFind has found and Delete It.

Re-boot your computer and try the Install Again

Jim (kjzone)

P.S. Another neat Utility at the above site is the "CacheInf"
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:54 AM

REGFIN-NEAT BUT DIDN'T WORK !

Jim/Bryan

That sure is a neat program-but it didn't solve my problem. When I typed in 'Microstudio' (and I did check the spelling), it came back with two registry entries for Microsoft Office ! I could not find the word 'microstudio' embedded anywhere in these entries-but I deleted them in the registry anyway. The result was that I still could not install Microstudio-and now Microsoft Word didn't work-so I had to reinstall that.

When I typed in 'MTU', the search came back with a whole bunch of embedded 'mtu' words-like IPMTU and most notably many references to some kind of IAMtuner-probably has to do with a sound card or playback program. I did not delete these since I didn't think they had anything to do with Microstudio-although the letters 'm', 't' & 'u' were embedded in them.

I did notice that when I try to install version 2.400, the notice that says 'file not found' covers an installation graph. I moved the notice away and the graph shows the microstudio.exe in whatever directory I chose-with '0" (ZERO) on the bar graph.

Now I don't pretend to know anything about Windows programming and the Windows Registry-but it sure does look like the installation program is looking for a file from which to extract information and set up the microstudio.exe program-and it can't find that file. What would that have to do with the registry ? Is it possible that my download link is just missing the necessary files ?

I am very reluctant to reformat my C drive-especially when I know that I tried to install this software on another computer that NEVER had any microstudio software on it-and it STILL wouldn't work. The last time I reformatted, it took me over a week to get everything back on it and working right.

I would hate to go through all that again-just to find that it didn't solve the problem.

I thought that if I could install the software on another computer that I might be able to copy it back to this one and it might work. Any ideas on that ?

Al
Old January 30th, 2003, 02:59 AM

Al,

When you downloaded MicroStudio 2.400, did you have any download accelerator running?

If you have any download accelerator running, it must be disabled before download. Download accelerators consume all 8 downloads without delivering the full program.

It appears from your post, that you may not have the full program.

If this is the case, then you need to contact MTU for a new download link.

Good luck

Jon
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Frequent Member

Alan and MTU Support.........

jaddams comment got me thinking.........

Alan click on your downloaded exe file for MicroStudio and post the exact number of bytes that were downloaded.

Example: (565,789 bytes)

MTU SUPPORT SHOULD THEN BE ABLE TO CONFIRM FROM THEIR MASTER, IF YOU RECIEVED THE CORRECT BYTE FILE CONTENT.
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:57 AM

8bit graphics

Just installed Microstudio 2.400 on my new computer, Had no problems on my old one.
But having a problem with running full screen 8bit graphics, Everything else in Microstudio works well,
but when I enable 8bit full screen graphics, the music plays OK but nothing shows, all the buttons grey out on the play screen, but there's no lyrics screen, and when I shut Microstudio down the monitor screen goes black for a split second as if it's going back to 32bit graphics, But nothing is showing. Please help, I've run out of idea's.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
256 Mb Ram.
60gig Turbo HD
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 7500. (Powered by).

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old January 30th, 2003, 10:57 AM

ALAN,
This won't help with the problem but will keep from eating up download links. It is best to download to "SAVE" rather than "OPEN" . This also minimizes risk of glitches in the downloads. Simply save to the default MTU folder, and barring a re-format will be there any time you need to re-install for any reason.

George
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:40 PM

Jon,

Good thought ! I'm not sure what a download accelerator is-but I don't think I have one running since I have downloaded several times-not just once.

Jim,

When I clicked on the installation program, it came back with a value of 6.07 MB. Does that match your file ?

George,

I always use 'save' rather than 'open' and I do have the file saved on my hard drive.

Thanks for trying to help, guys. So far I still can't load the file.

Al
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:53 PM

Alan,

That seems to be the correct file length as mine is also 6.07MB.

I still think that you either something corrupted on in your registry, or a bad download.

I recommend that, if you have download left, to redownload the file and try it installing it first on the computer that never had 2.400 installed. The code works!

Good luck,

Jon

P.S. A download accelerator is a type of utility that breaks down a long file in several pieces to make download faster. Some programs see each of those pieces as complete files.
Old February 1st, 2003, 06:05 AM

Brian,

I used Regedit, the program that Jim suggested I download and even Norton WinDoctor to check the registry. All three of them assured me that there were no entries in the registry for Microstudio and I still could not get 2.400 to install-so apparently that method doesn't really work.

So-----as a last resort, I did the unthinkable. I copied all my partitions and reformated the C drive. I loaded Windows and tried to install 2.400 BEFORE I loaded anything else.

This time I got a different error message:

'Microstudio.exe file is linked to missing export DDRAW.ddl;
Direct Draw Create ex'

Now, I don't know how this could have happened since at the time I didn't have anything else on the system.

I then proceeded to load my ATI drivers and reset my resolution. I started loading a few other software items and then out of desparation I tried to install 2.400 again.

This time it loaded and appears to be working fine. I thought that the DDRAW file might have been loaded with the ATI drivers but when I tried to locate it with the 'FIND' function of windows, it came back negative.

I don't understand why all this happened-and at this point, since it's now 3 AM, I don't realy care. It's working now and that's all I care about-but hopefully, this explanation might give you some insight to help others with the same problem.

The only change I can find in 2.400 is that it is now possible to view the graphics in a small area of the screen. I'm not sure why people would be requesting this as I always thought that full screen presentation was one of the extra nice features of Microstudio ! Are there any other significant changes ?

I want to thank all the guys out there who tried to help me with this problem-but I sure hope I don't have to do it again.

Reformatting is simple enough-but re-loading everything else and re-setting all the parameters to my liking is extremely time consuming. Glad it's over.
Old February 4th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Alan,
The direct Draw stuff is tied to the DirectX not being updated. This is located at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=772