MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM

Adding Text To Graphics?

I use my karaoke equipment/software to back my vocal shows. I currently have Microstudio (2.609) and Khpro (4.103) in my arsenal of software. I have my entire repertoire on the hard drive of my laptop and just line my show songs up under the "play" tab of Microstudio and go to "work". Is there any way that I can edit things so that I can put more "space" between songs to give me a chance to say something about the next song, etc. I would also like to be able to insert something (graphics) between songs so that I can see, on my screen, information about that next song, so that I can engage the audience in a little dialog. Any suggestions about what I can do with the software programs that I have OR software that I can get to accomplish this goal would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by sheltraw; February 2nd, 2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add "thanks"
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM

If you were using Hoster lite, you could put in a delay between songs.

The only way you could do that in microstudio is create a blank song, say 5-10 seconds long, and put it in as every other track.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltraw View Post
between songs so that I can see, on my screen, information about that next song, so that I can engage the audience in a little dialog.

Thanks,
Jim
just talk to 'em, make em laugh, that's what I do, it works every time

Old February 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

Jim, just a suggestion.

Make a dummy song but without music. Disable the title and credit pages. Put a line of dots (or something) as your first line, then add the text you want about the song. Time the sweep of the line of dots to give yourself enough time to say what you want, press the Control key to pause sweep then either the End key or press the End button. Place this preface ahead of your song in the queue.

I have not actually tried this as I haven't had time, but I worked it out in my head and I think it should work.

I am preparing to go out now but saw your post which prompted me to respond. Let me know if this works.

Good luck
Old February 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraine Graham View Post
Jim, just a suggestion.

Make a dummy song but without music. Disable the title and credit pages. Put a line of dots (or something) as your first line, then add the text you want about the song. Time the sweep of the line of dots to give yourself enough time to say what you want, press the Control key to pause sweep then either the End key or press the End button. Place this preface ahead of your song in the queue.

I have not actually tried this as I haven't had time, but I worked it out in my head and I think it should work.

I am preparing to go out now but saw your post which prompted me to respond. Let me know if this works.

Good luck
Great idea here, but KHPro requires a .wav file be opened to create the music to it. Use any .wav file editor to create a song the length you want, then output it with zero amplitude. Then you have a silent file to use in KHPro.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM

For those who don't have an audio editor, here's a zip file with a silent .wav track of one minute duration. I thought that might be about right for some chit chat about the up an coming song, but if that's too short let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip silence.zip (10.3 KB, 9 views)

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; February 3rd, 2007 at 02:15 PM.