MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 8th, 2014, 10:30 AM

Exporting mp3 at 128 bit rate

I am new to this program so I might just have missed something but I do not see any options/settings when exporting to MP3. It seems the default export bit rate is 128 with no way to change it--I find this unfortunate and unacceptable.
I then went to the lame_enc.ini file and followed the instructions within the ini file to edit the default bit rate within the encoder itself. This did not work with KHPro either.
I guess the only workaround I have right now is to convert the mp3 to wav before importing into KHPro and after exporting from KHPro to wav, then converting back to mp3 at the original bitrate.
Is there a reason there is no way to export at any bit rate other than 128?
Or have I totally missed something?
Old December 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Exporting mp3 at 128 bit rate

Try this: Make a copy your existing mp3 file at its existing bitrate first and save it were it won't get written over.

Now create your track and export it at KHpro's 128 rate. now open the folder containing the processed files and delete the mp3 (or rename it as backup) and replace with the one you saved at the higher rate. Providing you have not edited the length of the file and both file names are exactly the same except for their extensions I reckon it will still work.

They are working on a new version that will save at up to 320k.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 8th, 2014, 03:08 PM

Thanks Roy, that is exactly what I did the first time around and it did work with one caveat, when you add a title page and a credits page to your project the program adds silence to the mp3 to accommodate for those 2 pages...at least on the front end for sure, which of course is the one that counts.
I had to then take the exported mp3(128 bit) and the original (high bit) mp3 and open them both in audacity so I could add the appropriate amount of silence to the high bit mp3 thus the work around I mentioned in my first post which eliminates that step, true it adds a couple of other steps but they are straight forward with little to no chance of error.
Thanks again Roy, will be looking forward to the forthcoming improvements you mentioned.
Randy
Old December 8th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Ah yes I was forgetting about the extra time by adding the title and credits.

Glad to hear you figured it out.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.