MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM

Splitting audio and graphic data -locks up

After about two to five hundred files it locks up on the splitting a + g data.
These are KMA to MP3+G files. Also how do I view the bad file log?
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
After about two to five hundred files it locks up on the splitting a + g data.
These are KMA to MP3+G files. Also how do I view the bad file log?
Sorry you are having problems.

1. Are you using Songverter 1.003? If not, go to http://www.mtu.com/, click the Downloads navigation button and the Songverter Download. Get and install 1.003.

2. Am I reading correctly that as you convert KMA files to MP3+G, after 200 - 500 it locks up?

3. What type of KMA are these, and are they all the same type?

4. Read the manual on where the bad file log is, and opening it with Notepad to view/print it.

It says "If a file is bad, a beep sounds and conversion moves to the next file. The bad files' Path/Filename is added to the /Songverter/BadFileLog.txt log file. When conversion is done, if any bad files were found, a message bubble appears when the processing is done, informing you that bad files were found and added to the .txt file. Click within this bubble to launch Notepad with the BadFileLog.txt log file open for viewing or printing."

5. Launch Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together) and while converting, watch the Memory useage meter. If it keeps going up for each KMA file, or for some of them, post that back here. It indicates a "memory leak" we can fix. We don't think there is one, but we may be wrong.
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM

songverter lock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Sorry you are having problems.

1. Are you using Songverter 1.003? If not, go to http://www.mtu.com/, click the Downloads navigation button and the Songverter Download. Get and install 1.003.

2. Am I reading correctly that as you convert KMA files to MP3+G, after 200 - 500 it locks up?

3. What type of KMA are these, and are they all the same type?

4. Read the manual on where the bad file log is, and opening it with Notepad to view/print it.

It says "If a file is bad, a beep sounds and conversion moves to the next file. The bad files' Path/Filename is added to the /Songverter/BadFileLog.txt log file. When conversion is done, if any bad files were found, a message bubble appears when the processing is done, informing you that bad files were found and added to the .txt file. Click within this bubble to launch Notepad with the BadFileLog.txt log file open for viewing or printing."

5. Launch Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together) and while converting, watch the Memory useage meter. If it keeps going up for each KMA file, or for some of them, post that back here. It indicates a "memory leak" we can fix. We don't think there is one, but we may be wrong.

since my last post the last four times it locked up was at 508 files each time
all CD+G files from original discs
no bad file log in notepad
task manager 47% max
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:48 PM

after 508 files - lock up, 6 times in a row

I've sat and watched this thing lock up at the same point six times in a row. What a pain. Have to do task man. shutdown then find the last file converted pick the next one and start over at the point it shut down. I still don't have a bad file log in notepad. HELP!!!!
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Frequent Member

Whats locking up???
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old February 29th, 2008, 06:20 PM

read my previous posts i.e. splitting audio and graphic file lock up
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

IF there is a BadFileLog and you can't see it through the program the file should be located in
C:\Documents and Settings\%User%\Local Settings\Application Data\MTU\Songverter
However if the program is locking up and having to be forced to close then you may not get the file, because it isn't written until the process has finished.
Since you are processing MP3+G then I assume you did install the recommended lame_enc.dll file to the System32 folder. And I hope you do have all the Custom Updates from Microsoft installed.
When you are converting these files do you have the "Delete Original" button pushed? If so try doing some (more than 508) without it on and see if that works.
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
IF there is a BadFileLog and you can't see it through the program the file should be located in
C:\Documents and Settings\%User%\Local Settings\Application Data\MTU\Songverter
However if the program is locking up and having to be forced to close then you may not get the file, because it isn't written until the process has finished.
Since you are processing MP3+G then I assume you did install the recommended lame_enc.dll file to the System32 folder. And I hope you do have all the Custom Updates from Microsoft installed.
When you are converting these files do you have the "Delete Original" button pushed? If so try doing some (more than 508) without it on and see if that works.
I installed the lame file before I started the first files. I did an update on the micro stuff earlier today but maybe I didn't get all the updates needed.
delete original not pushed at all
I just seems odd that it gets to 508 each time and it stops again and again. Its on 486 right now and I'll let ya know in a few if it happens again. Thanks

EDIT: It just did it again right at 508 WT?
And I did find the badfiletxt.log file but nothing listed in it is anywhere near the files that are having the honor of being # 508 every time

Last edited by Mitd9922; February 29th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM

It just did it again right at 508 WT?
And I did find the badfiletxt.log file but nothing listed in it is anywhere near the files that are having the honor of being # 508 every time
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:46 AM
Administrator

First, please understand that all the folks here are Long Timers. They are experienced with our products, and how MTU writes software.

No one has ever reported a repetitive CRASH in Songverter before. Thus, there is very strong evidence that the problem is somehow related to your computer.

It is VERY important that you answer our questions accurately, and leave the emotions out. We all are trying to determine if there is a bug in Songerverter, or what it is with your computer that is causing this so we can help you overcome this problelm.

In ALL CASES in the past, when Songverter crashed or stopped, it was on a bad ZIP content file. Once we get a copy of the bad ZIP file, we analyze what is wrong within it, and write a new "error trap" to either reject it, or fix it.

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:

1. You indicate all your KMA files were imported from CDG disc tracks. Can you say absolutely that you do NOT have any KMA HDZIP type files you are converting?

2. What Windows OS are you running and have you made all the WINDOWS UPDATES, using the CUSTOM (not Express) mode?

3. How much RAM is installed in your computer?

4. Do you have a separate video card that could plug/unplug, or is it a video chip built on the motherboard?

5. How much FREE space do you have on the hard drive you are saving your converted files to?
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
First, please understand that all the folks here are Long Timers. They are experienced with our products, and how MTU writes software.

No one has ever reported a repetitive CRASH in Songverter before. Thus, there is very strong evidence that the problem is somehow related to your computer.

It is VERY important that you answer our questions accurately, and leave the emotions out. We all are trying to determine if there is a bug in Songerverter, or what it is with your computer that is causing this so we can help you overcome this problelm.

In ALL CASES in the past, when Songverter crashed or stopped, it was on a bad ZIP content file. Once we get a copy of the bad ZIP file, we analyze what is wrong within it, and write a new "error trap" to either reject it, or fix it.

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:

1. You indicate all your KMA files were imported from CDG disc tracks. Can you say absolutely that you do NOT have any KMA HDZIP type files you are converting?

2. What Windows OS are you running and have you made all the WINDOWS UPDATES, using the CUSTOM (not Express) mode?

3. How much RAM is installed in your computer?

4. Do you have a separate video card that could plug/unplug, or is it a video chip built on the motherboard?

5. How much FREE space do you have on the hard drive you are saving your converted files to?
Sorry< I know you guys are trying your best.
No HD zips
XP SP2 latest updates as of yesterday
1 gig RAM
on board Video
150 gig aprox.

Right now I'm at 410 in the count. So when it stops I'll shut it down again restart and double check all updates

Thanks for the help, Mark

Last edited by Mitd9922; March 1st, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM

Sorry< I know you guys are trying your best.
No HD zips
XP SP2 latest updates as of yesterday
1 gig RAM
on board Video
150 gig aprox.

Right now I'm at 410 in the count. So when it stops I'll shut it down again restart and double check all updates

Might there be a time issue with my compuiter causing this? Power settings at never, screen savers off. I don't know what else could be doing this on my end.
It just seems weird that it does this at 508 every time. We're at 8 times in a row so far.
I am slowly getting all the files converted but this is going to take forever if I have to be in front of this thing every 4 hours.

Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
Might there be a time issue with my compuiter causing this? Power settings at never, screen savers off. I don't know what else could be doing this on my end.

It just seems weird that it does this at 508 every time. We're at 8 times in a row so far.

I am slowly getting all the files converted but this is going to take forever if I have to be in front of this thing every 4 hours.

Mark, it is uniquely weird that each time you start a conversion that only 508 files convert. If it were 512, or 256 or 1.024 (powers of 2) I say maybe Songverter. But 508 is not at any "boundary-condition" that could cause it. Also, there are MANY users who have converted thousands in a folder and this has never been reported.

You can install Songverter on 2 computers. Do you have another you can run it on and try converting 1000+ songs?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM

I know it is weird. I can try to hook the drive to my desktop.
Can I download Songverter as a trial version or do I have to re-registger that PC?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

You can install Songverter on two computers per license.
Either use the file you downloaded for the first install or if you didn't save it (which you should) download it from the Support section. When you install you will have to give that computer a different name (for MTU purposes) and use the same registration code as the first computer.