MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 29th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Substituting tracks

Is it possible to substitute an audio track after synchronizing the lyrics?

In other words, can I sync the lyrics to an audio track that has vocals, and then substitute another track that's identical, except without the vocals?
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Yes, as long as the tracks are identical in length you can make a substitution. All you do is sweep the song to the vocal, then import the other track.

I do it all the time with midis that I've enhanced the instrumentation. On one file I remove the lead instrumental(s), and on another I leave the lead instrument(s) in.

Then I do as you're suggesting, sweep to the full instrumental, then import the Karaoke version. I usually save both files as I go along, then burn to a cd, one as a demo, and one Karaoke version when there are enough to warrant putting them on a cd.

Works exactly the same using tracks with and without a vocal .

Makes it easy to create a Karaoke file, especially with songs one doesn't know all that well.

George