MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 17th, 2018, 05:25 PM

Lyric Problem

Out of the blue I am having lyric problems on my main monitor (monitor that singers use). The graphics for the lyrics are layering on top of each other and the background colors that are contained within the songs are not filling the screen up, just around the text of the lyrics. I can press the SND button and it clears up and looks as it should. However, I am having to press the SND button for each and every song after it starts. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Hoster and it made no difference. Nothing has changed on the computer because it is only used for Karaoke. I have tried turning off the Marquee in each of the tabs as well as the Singers Names. That made no difference. Still have to press the SND button at the beginning of each song. Any help on this? I have a karaoke party at my house tonight and this is annoying and makes reading the lyrics hard.
Old November 17th, 2018, 06:40 PM

Re: Lyric Problem

IMG 0187 is before clicking SND button

IMG 0188 is after clicking SND button and what it normally looks like.

Again, I have to press the SND for every song no in order for it to look correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0187.JPG (1.94 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0188.JPG (2.09 MB, 14 views)
Old November 17th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

You say “Nothing has changed on the computer because it is only used for Karaoke”

Has windows updated since the last time you ran Hoster ?

Which version of Windows are you running ?

Sounds like a graphics driver problem, sometimes a windows update can affect graphic drivers.

Try rolling back the driver if that doesn\\\'t work go to the graphic manufacturers website and see if there is an update available.

How are you connecting from computer to ext monitor ?
Direct hdmi, video converter box, or svideo or some other way ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 18th, 2018, 09:42 AM

Thank you Roy. Yes, Windows (10 64 bit) automatically updates when needed. I will have to look at the graphic driver (it too is kept up to date) and see if rolling it back to a previous version will fix the issue. It is connected via HDMI. When I get a chance to do this I will report back and let you know if it fixes it. May be a couple of days. We did make it through the karaoke gathering last night, but it was quite annoying having to click the SND button on every song.

Thanks
Old November 27th, 2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
You say “Nothing has changed on the computer because it is only used for Karaoke”

Has windows updated since the last time you ran Hoster ?

Which version of Windows are you running ?

Sounds like a graphics driver problem, sometimes a windows update can affect graphic drivers.

Try rolling back the driver if that doesn\\\'t work go to the graphic manufacturers website and see if there is an update available.

How are you connecting from computer to ext monitor ?
Direct hdmi, video converter box, or svideo or some other way ?
Roy,

Have there been any more resolutions found on this problem?

I just got a call from a friend that is having the same problem. They upgraded to a new computer and now have this problem. I have not seen the computer yet, but will be going to meet with them tomorrow night (Wednesday) at 6:30pm to have a look at it.

They have supposedly updated the drivers but still have this problem.

Any suggestions?
Old November 27th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

I haven’t heard of any more resolutions to this problem.
Another poster seems to have similar problem here: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17167

I suggested he put in a help ticket.

Must be something developed with new graphics cards or a windows update.

It’s hard to find a solution if you can’t replicate it. I have 4 Computers all with different Graphics cards and can’t duplicate the problem.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 28th, 2018, 08:51 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Roy,

Have there been any more resolutions found on this problem?

I just got a call from a friend that is having the same problem. They upgraded to a new computer and now have this problem. I have not seen the computer yet, but will be going to meet with them tomorrow night (Wednesday) at 6:30pm to have a look at it.

They have supposedly updated the drivers but still have this problem.

Any suggestions?
By any chance are these computers with the lyrics problems Dell computers? I have had similar problems in the past with Dell. I returned the Computer and exchanged it for a Toshiba and the problem disappeared. Something to do with the Dell graphics card I believe.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old November 28th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
By any chance are these computers with the lyrics problems Dell computers? I have had similar problems in the past with Dell. I returned the Computer and exchanged it for a Toshiba and the problem disappeared. Something to do with the Dell graphics card I believe.
I have no idea what brand the computer is that I am going to look at tonight, but I will keep that in mind!